ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job offer oversea while application is processed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vnguyen
Newly Registered

Job offer oversea while application is processed

Post by vnguyen » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi all,

I will apply for naturalisation in November this year (10 yr + 1 yr ILR) but I've just got a full time offer to work overseas, starting in Jan 2013.

I just wonder if this will affect my application. Is there a problem if I just submit my application in November via NCS, use my passport to travel to work overseas in Jan, then come back to attend the ceremony whenever I'm approved? (I use a solicitor so correspondence will come to them).

I understand this means I may not qualify as having "intention to live in the UK", but technically how can HO find out about that? I will, of course, state on the AN form that my intention is to settle in the UK (which is actually true since I do plan to come back to the UK in a few years).

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm

vnguyen
Newly Registered

Post by vnguyen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Thank you Jambo.

Actually, I did read that topic before I posted my question; I was a bit confused because I also found another topic (link below) in which the advice was quite different.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114177

So, according to the topic by mg33, it does not matter if I travel to work abroad. But then in the topic by gunasekaranmohan, the time away from the UK cannot be more than 6 months.

Really appreciate your help/advice.

Best,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

As I see it, there are subtle differences between the two.

Mg33 applied for naturalisation and then got a job offer overseas. When she applied she did meet the future intentions requirement.

gunasekaranmohan is moving to work abroad and plan to return to apply for naturalisation. When he applies, he might not meet the requirement.

What you write in the application is your choice and as you said, it is difficult for the HO to establish future intentions.

vnguyen
Newly Registered

Post by vnguyen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:59 pm

I see. This is clear. Thank you Jambo.

guyintheuk

Post by guyintheuk » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:04 pm

I fully agree with you Jumbo
but in my case I have already applied for citizenship in august and I'm waiting now from the HO
now I'm offered to work overseas..
my question is that where should I apply for passport after approval and ceremony ? if I apply for it overseas at any UK embassy I'm afraid they say no becuase on ur application you said you intend to live in UK and you are not .. so Im very confused and dont know what to do now specially Im jobless

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

guyintheuk wrote:I fully agree with you Jumbo
but in my case I have already applied for citizenship in august and I'm waiting now from the HO
now I'm offered to work overseas..
my question is that where should I apply for passport after approval and ceremony ? if I apply for it overseas at any UK embassy I'm afraid they say no becuase on ur application you said you intend to live in UK and you are not .. so Im very confused and dont know what to do now specially Im jobless
There is no problem applying for a first passport from abroad. Once you are BC you are allowed to live abroad and it will not affect your citizenship. The fact that you apply for first passport abroad just means that are physically abroad when making the passport application. Nothing else.