ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Citizens - How long did you wait for your approval?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrej

Post by andrej » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:04 am

Plum70 wrote:
andrej wrote:
Plum70 wrote:My husband got his BC approval yesterday (15 Nov.) which took just under 6 weeks from application date via NCS (5 Oct.).
Is there anything extra that was supplied with the application? I see that some people do their own CRB checks and send it on with the application. Was it a straight forward case? Was it just the Swiss national applying?
Yes, just as a Swiss national who had lived and worked in the UK and held PR for at least 1 year. Nothing extra, just photocopies of his passport, PR card and P60s for 6 years (this was a precaution to show that he attained PR before the date on the PR card as this was different to the date entered on the AN form).

My husband has been fortunate in all his dealings with the UKBA - his RC and PR both took under 2 weeks to process and now his AN in under 6 weeks. He remarks that this is thanks to reputed Swiss precision in how he ordered his applications. It's anyone's guess.
All good now. Got the letter yesterday. The application took 1 month from NCS to recieving the letter. The problem is getting hold of the Ceremony Team. Seems to be nobody in the office picking up. I can't sit at home and call them every 5 mins. I have to go to work. ANOYING.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm

andrej wrote: All good now. Got the letter yesterday. The application took 1 month from NCS to recieving the letter.
Thumbs up Andrej!
andrej wrote:The problem is getting hold of the Ceremony Team. Seems to be nobody in the office picking up. I can't sit at home and call them every 5 mins. I have to go to work. ANOYING.
Have you considered going down to see them? Might be more fruitful.

andrej

Post by andrej » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Plum70 wrote:
andrej wrote: All good now. Got the letter yesterday. The application took 1 month from NCS to recieving the letter.
Thumbs up Andrej!
andrej wrote:The problem is getting hold of the Ceremony Team. Seems to be nobody in the office picking up. I can't sit at home and call them every 5 mins. I have to go to work. ANOYING.
Have you considered going down to see them? Might be more fruitful.
I managed to break through and book it for 19 December. All in line now. My head is still spinning from it all!!!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:55 pm

andrej wrote:I managed to break through and book it for 19 December. All in line now. My head is still spinning from it all!!!
Same day as my husband's. :)

Not long now and you'll be beaming from west to east.

Savour your day!