ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony - Change of address?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doc_S

Citizenship Ceremony - Change of address?

Post by doc_S » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:11 am

Received approval letters today along with ceremony invitation letters. Despite informing UKBA of change of address, letters were posted to old address and thankful to redirection services, got them delivered to the new address. However,

1. Do I need to inform local council of new address before the ceremony?
2. Is there an address on the citizenship certificate?
3. The proof of ID required on the ceremony, if it has different address, will it cause any problem?
4. Lastly and additionally, does the citizenship certificate has the title as well or only the full name? (As title is wrong on the invitation letter) Title can be changed for the passport??

Many thanks :D

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Citizenship Ceremony - Change of address?

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:27 pm

1) Yes, I think that would be advisable for a number of reasons.
2) No, unless they changed it recently. Here is an example. This is an older example (but as you can see, essentially the same thing).
3) I don't think so, but send them a letter beforehand explaining the situation - apart from the fact that they may offer helpful advice, it will avoid confusion later.
4) I am not entirely sure - but according to the web it does, yes.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 am

Thank you very much Gyfrinachgar.