ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused after calling the NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Myb

Confused after calling the NCS

Post by Myb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 am

Havig been Confused big time about referees i decided i better call the nationality checking service and ask them who would be my best choice to use as referees in my application, to my surprise the lady told me that its not a big deal and that dont have to have known me for the whole three years, she even said to me that my employer who i worked for one and a half year could be a referee and my father in law can be a referee too as long as they are both British, im a bit worried that i ll apply and end up losing the fee and waste time waitting for nothing if i do what she said.
Could the moderators please help me here, thank you guys for your time

bobobo

Re: Confused after calling the NCS

Post by bobobo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:16 am

Do not take NCS on their word, remember the form clealry says to confirm they have known you for >=3 years. If you lie then you are liable for prosecution. Its not difficult to decide on referee's all you need is a British Citizen > 25 yrs old and a proffessional person, the HO list of referees is not exhaustive so I wouldnt just stick to that.
Be careful of the choice you make!!
Myb wrote:Havig been Confused big time about referees i decided i better call the nationality checking service and ask them who would be my best choice to use as referees in my application, to my surprise the lady told me that its not a big deal and that dont have to have known me for the whole three years, she even said to me that my employer who i worked for one and a half year could be a referee and my father in law can be a referee too as long as they are both British, im a bit worried that i ll apply and end up losing the fee and waste time waitting for nothing if i do what she said.
Could the moderators please help me here, thank you guys for your time

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 am

In terms of professional qualification of the referee, if HO is not satisfied about that then they will not reject your application but will ask for further references so there is no question of application being rejected just because referees are not adequate. Having said that you still have to make sure that your referee knows you for at least 3 years as that is the clear requirement and providing false info there can have consequences.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

Myb

Post by Myb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 am

" Its not difficult to decide on referee's all you need is a British Citizen > 25 yrs old and a proffessional person"

You make it sound so easy lol i wish it was that easy because i lived for almost a year in london then moved all the way to gloucestershire and i had no contact with anybody i knew in london( which is not many people anyway) and i will finish the three years residency requirement next week so its starting to look impossible to do it exactly as the form says. And i dont see why the lady from the NCS lie or say something she is not sure about, thats her job and she said its totally fine

Would a covering letter help ?

Myb

Post by Myb » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 am

manyaonisland wrote:In terms of professional qualification of the referee, if HO is not satisfied about that then they will not reject your application but will ask for further references so there is no question of application being rejected just because referees are not adequate. Having said that you still have to make sure that your referee knows you for at least 3 years as that is the clear requirement and providing false info there can have consequences.
Would it be classed as providing false information still if the NCS officer is who said its fine to do so ? I mean to use those people although its not three years

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm

yes ofcourse. the first thing that any NCS council site says is that they cannot provide any sort of immigration advise nor can they speed things up. go with what HO say rather than listening to any random person
Myb wrote:
manyaonisland wrote:In terms of professional qualification of the referee, if HO is not satisfied about that then they will not reject your application but will ask for further references so there is no question of application being rejected just because referees are not adequate. Having said that you still have to make sure that your referee knows you for at least 3 years as that is the clear requirement and providing false info there can have consequences.
Would it be classed as providing false information still if the NCS officer is who said its fine to do so ? I mean to use those people although its not three years

Myb

Post by Myb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:13 am

Still not sure if i should just go for it and apply next week right after i finish the three years residential requirement or wait later untill i can find a referee who knew me for th whole three years :-(

Did anybody used a referee who didnt know them for the whole three years or a relative and got his citizenship approved ?

Thank you guys for your help and advice

thewolfman21

referee

Post by thewolfman21 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi pls correct me if i am wrong here:
1st referee - Professional person who has know you for atleast 3 years and not necessarily british passport holder.

2nd referee - British passport holder of >25 yrs old not necessarily a professional person.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Myb

Post by Myb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes that's right

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: referee

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 pm

thewolfman21 wrote:Hi pls correct me if i am wrong here:
1st referee - Professional person who has know you for atleast 3 years and not necessarily british passport holder.

2nd referee - British passport holder of >25 yrs old not necessarily a professional person.

Many Thanks in Advance!
As it clearly states on page 11 in the guide - Each referee should have known you personally for at least 3 years.