ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laid off work and BC- Please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elenafj
Newly Registered

Laid off work and BC- Please help

Post by Elenafj » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi All,

I have couple of questions. I applied in Oct for my BC and I have received the acknowledged letter and the fund have been taken out.

The problem is that I was laid off work and this week is my final working week so I will have to go into job seekers while looking for a new job.

First I have supplied the Home Office with my employers confirmation and all the payslips, P60's. Do I have to inform them about this change and let them know i go on benefits?

Second will me going on jobseekers and other benefits interfere with my citizenship application?

Hopefully I am looking for a job and had several interviews but still nothing yet, I cant delay much without going into gov help at the moment.

Thank you very much
E :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Employment isn't mandatory for British Citizenship and claiming benefits won't affect the application.

Elenafj
Newly Registered

Post by Elenafj » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Thank you very much Casa!
Do i have to let them know or they will see it from my taxes?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 pm

Elenafj wrote:Do i have to let them know or they will see it from my taxes?
You have to update them on any relevant changes that might affect your citizenship application. Being temporarily unemployed doesn't effect that decision in any way, so the answer is no, I see no reason to update HO on this.

Good luck job hunting, and congratulations on being invited to interviews already - that is a very good sign.