ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

20shamat

Re: Right of Abode or British Passport or Indian Passport?

Post by 20shamat » Wed May 13, 2015 6:52 am

vinny wrote:There is no minimum period before a British passport may be applied for. An unexpired CoE-RoA will be cancelled, if the British passport is issued.

Many thanks Vinny,

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Thu May 14, 2015 10:32 am

Hi Guys
Can anyone provide with information regarding submission of the original documenst for ROA, since am in UK and the application for my baby's ROA will be submitted by my wife in India, do I need to send my Original British PP and Naturaliation certificate for verification at the VFS centre?
(sorry if this query was asked before, could not find it)
Thanks
Best regards

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Thu May 14, 2015 10:38 am

20shamat wrote:Hi Guys
Can anyone provide with information regarding submission of the original documenst for ROA, since am in UK and the application for my baby's ROA will be submitted by my wife in India, do I need to send my Original British PP and Naturaliation certificate for verification at the VFS centre?
Thanks
Best regards
I don't think so,

Your passport copy should be ok, bcoz you hold British passport issued by passport office uk, they can always verify it.

FYI you should never post your PASSPORT.

IF you are still concerned, you can get certificate copy of British passport and Naturalisation certificate from
post office uk and send it to india.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 14, 2015 11:04 am

Mahesh Gowda wrote:FYI you should never post your PASSPORT.
Agree.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Thu May 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Mahesh Gowda wrote:
Thanks
Best regards
I don't think so,

Your passport copy should be ok, bcoz you hold British passport issued by passport office uk, they can always verify it.

IF you are still concerned, you can get certificate copy of British passport and Naturalisation certificate from
Gowdre,
1) Certification you mean, the photocopies of my Passport & Naturalisation certificate will be certified by the post office staff as true copies of the original?( astonishing that the staff has such authority and accepted by world over). hope there may be a fee for certifying the copies?
2) Do you think if I get them certified by solicitor will be more appropriate and convincing to the VFS staff in India, Bengaluru?
3) Also I understand from yours & Vinny's statement that the Passport should never leave (post or through someone) the country without its owner/holder, however, for discussion sake, if my spouse submit my authorisation letter with the orginal passport stating the intention it has been produced do they still refuse/not accept the application? also withhold my original passport. Has this happened to anyone before.?

Vinny, could you please confirm/educate if there is any such rule/regulation within the visa regulation for point 3. (I have read your links refering to similar discussion of not sending the original passport)

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Thu May 14, 2015 1:57 pm

20shamat wrote:
Mahesh Gowda wrote:
Thanks
Best regards
I don't think so,

Gowdre,
1) Certification you mean, the photocopies of my Passport & Naturalisation certificate will be certified by the post office staff as true copies of the original?( astonishing that the staff has such authority and accepted by world over). hope there may be a fee for certifying the copies?
2) Do you think if I get them certified by solicitor will be more appropriate and convincing to the VFS staff in India, Bengaluru?
3) Also I understand from yours & Vinny's statement that the Passport should never leave (post or through someone) the country without its owner/holder, however, for discussion sake, if my spouse submit my authorisation letter with the orginal passport stating the intention it has been produced do they still refuse/not accept the application? also withhold my original passport. Has this happened to anyone before.?

Vinny, could you please confirm/educate if there is any such rule/regulation within the visa regulation for point 3. (I have read your links refering to similar discussion of not sending the original passport)

1. U r right, photocopies certified by post office uk, its accepted by UKVI.

2. I Dont see any point you satisfying VFS, VFS is just an agency
To collect your documents.
UKVI is the authority you need to satisfy as per requirements specified.
Getting it cetified by solicitor may or may not add value unless it is asked for

3. Yes when you first got your British passport, the booklet came with it clearly specifies passport should never be posted.

All the best, VFS is just the agent and not deciding authority.

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks Mahesh
Do you have covering letter format to go with the application.
Regards

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:46 am

Hi Guys ..

I applied for My sons ROA on 4th of May and its rejected .. saying that I haven't submitted Sponsers Orginal British Nationality Certificate ... These are list of documents I sent

Applicant original passport
Applicant original birth certificate
Applicant Father Original Naturalisation certificate
Copy of applicant’s Father British Passport
Copy of applicant’s Mother Passport
Applicant parent's marriage certificate
Applicant Father Address Proof in UK
Applicant Father bank statement (3 months)

I did send my orginal naturalisation certificate and copy of my passport self attested .. is there any documents I missed .. please help me .. I can't even reappeal .. is there any other options other than re applyng??

Thanks,
Ranjith

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 am

How did you submit the documents?

If you are absolutely certain that you had enclosed your naturalisation certificate, then ask them to confirm that they've lost it. Also ask them for sufficient compensation so that you can get a replacement certificate and make a new CoE-RoA application.

Did you keep copies of everything that you submitted, including a copy of the certificate?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Sun May 17, 2015 8:22 am

ranji82 wrote:Hi Guys ..

I applied for My sons ROA on 4th of May and its rejected .. saying that I haven't submitted Sponsers Orginal British Nationality Certificate ... These are list of documents I sent

I did send my orginal naturalisation certificate and copy of my passport self attested .. is there any documents I missed .. please help me .. I can't even reappeal .. is there any other options other than re applyng??

Thanks,
Ranjith

Hi Ranjit,
I'm submitting my Son's ROA next week, I had asked similar query about sending my original passport to India but was adviced against sending it. Instead (as you may have read above) I was asked to submit certified copy (from post office UK) of the original British PP. I suppose you sent self attested copy instead of Certified copy.
Regards

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:45 am

vinny wrote:How did you submit the documents?

If you are absolutely certain that you had enclosed your naturalisation certificate, then ask them to confirm that they've lost it. Also ask them for sufficient compensation so that you can get a replacement certificate and make a new CoE-RoA application.

Did you keep copies of everything that you submitted, including a copy of the certificate?
Hi Vinny ..

Thanks for the reply .. I sent the document and they sent all the documents back including naturalisation certificate. How can I get the compensation If I haven't lost any of my orginal documents.

Thanks,
Ranjith

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:47 am

20shamat wrote:
ranji82 wrote:Hi Guys ..

Thanks,
Ranjith

Hi Ranjit,
I'm submitting my Son's ROA next week, I had asked similar query about sending my original passport to India but was adviced against sending it. Instead (as you may have read above) I was asked to submit certified copy (from post office UK) of the original British PP. I suppose you sent self attested copy instead of Certified copy.
Regards
Hi Ishant,

I sent self attested copy of my british passport and orginal naturalisation certificate.

Thanks,
Ranjith.

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 am

So Ranjit, Probably your application is rejected b'coz you did not send the certified copy of the British PP and they have not accepted the self attested copy?
The experts in the forum too can clarify if I'm wrong.
thanks

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:00 am

20shamat wrote:So Ranjit, Probably your application is rejected b'coz you did not send the certified copy of the British PP and they have not accepted the self attested copy?
The experts in the forum too can clarify if I'm wrong.
thanks
Might be Ishant .. but as per listed required documents .. Naturalisation Certificate is Mandatory .. haven't mentioned about passport copy .. but now I am planning to send certified copy of British PP from both post office and Solicitor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 9:00 am

Ask them to clarify what their problem was.

Let them know that they did send back your original naturalisation certificate to you, the one they said you hadn't sent.

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Sun May 17, 2015 9:06 am

Ranjit,
This link might be useful just in case .. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... M_RROA.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 9:09 am

we have failed to take account of relevant documents or information in our possession.

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:15 am

vinny wrote:Ask them to clarify what their problem was.

Let them know that they did send back your original naturalisation certificate to you, the one they said you hadn't sent.
Vinny .. Thanks for the advise .. How can I convey this to them .. its clearly mentioned

" In relation to this decsion there is no right of appeal or right to administrate review "

Thanks,
Ranjith

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:16 am

20shamat wrote:Ranjit,
This link might be useful just in case .. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... M_RROA.pdf
Thanks for this Ishant .. I am not sure will they reconsider application as its applied from India?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 9:32 am

Try sending them an email, as mpemma did?

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Mon May 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Could anyone help me with some answer to few questions below, I was completing the online ROA application for my baby in India.
1) What is your permanent residential address and contact details? (UK or India)
2 )How long have you lived at this address? (if UK then nil or N/A, if India 8 months)
3) Are your preferred contact details different from the contact details already provided above?( if India its NO, if UK then Yes)
4) Please enter details of what you plan to do whilst in the UK ( Live with parents)
5) Do you have any friends or family in the UK? ( provided parents name & address)
Thanks & Regards

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Tue May 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi Member,

I'm applying for ROA for my baby, could anyone advice me whose signature/name should be at the end of the declaration (online application), is it the name of the baby's mother(since she is submitting the application on behalf of baby) or it should be the baby's name (I presume they will take thumb impression of the baby at VFS).
Sorry I searched this forum for an answer could not find it.
thanks in advance.
Best regards

ranji82

Post by ranji82 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I got British Citizen Ship via Naturalisation and My baby born in india after my naturalisation.

I applied for Right of Abode for My Kid .. Its got rejected 2 times .. First time they can't see the My Original Naturalization Certificate I provided along with the application.

Second time they rejected stating

" I accepted that you have now submitted your father's certificate of naturalisation. How ever, I note that he had obtained his British Citizenship by registration under Section 6(1) which does not entitle you to Right of Abode in the UK. I draw your attention to the following link. which details eligibility for a right of abode in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _57_v4.pdf

There fore your application is refused in accordance with section 2(1) of the 1971 Act "

Please can you advice .. Are they right rejecting my kids application?

Thanks,
Ranjith.

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:51 pm

20shamat wrote:Hi Member,
I'm applying for ROA for my baby, could anyone advice me whose signature/name should be at the end of the declaration (online application), is it the name of the baby's mother(since she is submitting the application on behalf of baby) or it should be the baby's name (I presume they will take thumb impression of the baby at VFS).
Sorry I searched this forum for an answer could not find it.
thanks in advance.
Best regards
Did you see guidance notes?
In general, when you apply for babies its parents signature.

In your case, its mother signature bcoz she is submitting

Mahesh Gowda
Newly Registered

Post by Mahesh Gowda » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:11 pm

ranji82 wrote:Hi Guys,

I got British Citizen Ship via Naturalisation and My baby born in india after my naturalisation.

I applied for Right of Abode for My Kid .. Its got rejected 2 times .. First time they can't see the My Original Naturalization Certificate I provided along with the application.

Second time they rejected stating

" I accepted that you have now submitted your father's certificate of naturalisation. How ever, I note that he had obtained his British Citizenship by registration under Section 6(1) which does not entitle you to Right of Abode in the UK. I draw your attention to the following link. which details eligibility for a right of abode in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _57_v4.pdf

There fore your application is refused in accordance with section 2(1) of the 1971 Act "

Please can you advice .. Are they right rejecting my kids application?

Thanks,
Ranjith.
Hello Ranjith

Its quite unfortunate that they have rejected it twice even though you child is clearly eligible for ROA.

My questions to you.

When ROA was rejected first time, Vinny has advised few things such has email them and also refered you a similar case(Try sending them an email, as mpemma did?) DID YOU FOLLOW THEM?

You state that you had submitted your original naturalisation certificate first time, did you send a covering letter with it to say
1. List of Documents enclosed.
2. You are sponsoring your childs trip to uk.

What is your spouse visa status?

Can you post your rejection letter? Just the reason for rejection (Both 1st time and 2nd time)

Again your baby is eligible for ROA
Section 2(1)(a)

All the best