ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Donking1

Citizenship Ceremony Timeline

Post by Donking1 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Can't believe I have to wait another five weeks to be given my Naturalisation Certificate by Cardiff Council, after waiting patiently for the past 11 years to get to this stage.
Considering it took UKBA only three weeks to process my application, I’m surprised the bureaucracy within the UKBA is beginning to pale in comparison with Cardiff Council’s.
I was informed by a Citizenship Officer at the Council's Registry Office today when I called to book the ceremony that "we are such a busy office and unable to provide private ceremonies". What crap! Can someone remind them that this not a free service funded by Council Tax Payers?

rimonlhq
Newly Registered

Post by rimonlhq » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am

I have to wait 8 weeks for the ceremony. But they do offer £100 for a private one.

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 am

I wouldn't have been too bothered if they provided an option for private ceremony.

andrej

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Timeline

Post by andrej » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Donking1 wrote:Can't believe I have to wait another five weeks to be given my Naturalisation Certificate by Cardiff Council, after waiting patiently for the past 11 years to get to this stage.
Considering it took UKBA only three weeks to process my application, I’m surprised the bureaucracy within the UKBA is beginning to pale in comparison with Cardiff Council’s.
I was informed by a Citizenship Officer at the Council's Registry Office today when I called to book the ceremony that "we are such a busy office and unable to provide private ceremonies". What crap! Can someone remind them that this not a free service funded by Council Tax Payers?
I know what you mean buddy. It can be annoying and the time keeps dragging. I had trouble getting through to the "Ceremony Team" as they were "unavailable" whenever I called, having to repeat myself to loads of different people who kept on putting me through to the theam with no success. Finally I broke through and am now waiting 2 weeks for the cerwemony that will be miles away!!!

andrej

Re: Citizenship Ceremony Timeline

Post by andrej » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:07 am

Donking1 wrote:Can't believe I have to wait another five weeks to be given my Naturalisation Certificate by Cardiff Council, after waiting patiently for the past 11 years to get to this stage.
Have you tried asking them if they have satellite centres where you can have an earlier ceremony? You might have to travel further but it is worth it for ones own health. I had an option to wait 5 weeks (HO took 4 weeks) for a ceremony in my own town or to have one in 2 weeks but an hours drive. I chose to travel and save time.

After years of waiting some people say: "whats the big deal if you wait a few weeks or so...?" but they don't understand that some folks are on their last teathers, just wanting to get it over with!

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm

I remember when the "ceremony" involved simply finding a local solicitor, handing him a fiver, and swearing allegiance to her majesty, blah blah, in front of him. Much quicker and vastly cheaper.