ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval Letter and Nationality Checking Service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BigSam

Approval Letter and Nationality Checking Service

Post by BigSam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi all,

Just a quick one to those who received their approval letter recently and applied through a Nationality Checking Service.

Does the home office send the letter directly to your home address? or is the letter sent to the council where the application was made, then the council forward the letter to you?

Thanks for your help
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Approval Letter and Nationality Checking Service

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:16 pm

BigSam wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick one to those who received their approval letter recently and applied through a Nationality Checking Service.

Does the home office send the letter directly to your home address? or is the letter sent to the council where the application was made, then the council forward the letter to you?

Thanks for your help
My wife applied through NCS last month and received an approval letter last week. The letter stated that her application has been successful and she now has to wait for the invitation letter. I understood that if you applied through NCS you only get an invitation letter and not the approval letter?

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm

vinitmanu wrote: My wife applied through NCS last month and received an approval letter last week. The letter stated that her application has been successful and she now has to wait for the invitation letter. I understood that if you applied through NCS you only get an invitation letter and not the approval letter?
Thanks vinitmanu,

I am not sure myself to be honest. Did the lettel your wife receive indicate when her application was approved? I take it the letter was sent by the council and not the UKBA?

Thanks
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:39 pm

BigSam wrote:
vinitmanu wrote: My wife applied through NCS last month and received an approval letter last week. The letter stated that her application has been successful and she now has to wait for the invitation letter. I understood that if you applied through NCS you only get an invitation letter and not the approval letter?
Thanks vinitmanu,

I am not sure myself to be honest. Did the lettel your wife receive indicate when her application was approved? I take it the letter was sent by the council and not the UKBA?

Thanks
The approval letter was issued last week. But she can't contact the council until she receives the invitation letter. The letter was sent by UKBA and not the council. Did you apply through NCS? & did you receive the approval letter as well?

Thanks

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:50 pm

vinitmanu wrote: The approval letter was issued last week. But she can't contact the council until she receives the invitation letter. The letter was sent by UKBA and not the council. Did you apply through NCS? & did you receive the approval letter as well?

Thanks
I applied though NCS but I didn't receive anything other than the acknowledgment letter from the UKBA when they processed my fees.

I was only wondering if there is any mileage in contacting the councile for an update but maybe not as you are saying the letter comes from UKBA.

I was under the impression that after one receives an approval letter, will ring the local council to book a ceremony date? So is the process that you get an approval letter first, then you have to wait until you receive an invitiation letter?

Thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

BigSam wrote:
vinitmanu wrote: The approval letter was issued last week. But she can't contact the council until she receives the invitation letter. The letter was sent by UKBA and not the council. Did you apply through NCS? & did you receive the approval letter as well?

Thanks
I applied though NCS but I didn't receive anything other than the acknowledgment letter from the UKBA when they processed my fees.

I was only wondering if there is any mileage in contacting the councile for an update but maybe not as you are saying the letter comes from UKBA.

I was under the impression that after one receives an approval letter, will ring the local council to book a ceremony date? So is the process that you get an approval letter first, then you have to wait until you receive an invitiation letter?

Thanks
I understood that UKBA issues the approval letter first. Then within two weeks they send your naturalisation certificate to your local council and at the same time they send you another letter to invite you for the ceremony. Having said that, I only received the latter. Also, reading previous threads I thought if you applied through NCS you only receive an Invitation letter and not the approval letter.

Thanks

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 pm

vinitmanu wrote: I understood that UKBA issues the approval letter first. Then within two weeks they send your naturalisation certificate to your local council and at the same time they send you another letter to invite you for the ceremony. Having said that, I only received the latter. Also, reading previous threads I thought if you applied through NCS you only receive an Invitation letter and not the approval letter.

Thanks
Ok thanks for your help mate

This answers my query

Thanks

andrej

Post by andrej » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
BigSam wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for your help
My wife applied through NCS last month and received an approval letter last week. The letter stated that her application has been successful and she now has to wait for the invitation letter. I understood that if you applied through NCS you only get an invitation letter and not the approval letter?

It might depend on the council or such. I went through NCS and then recieved a letter headed: "CITIZENSHIP INVITATION" which informed me of approval and told me to contact my local council through details provided. After I called them, the council then sent me a separate invitation/confirmation by e-mail which I had to print and take with me.

Regards

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 am

Yes,i have the same experience of andrej that I also applied through NCS and then recieved a letter which informed me of approval and told me to contact my local council and they provided the details.

After I called them, the council then sent me a separate invitation/confirmation by e-mail . I have opted for private cermony for which i had to pay from my pocket.

andrej

Post by andrej » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:36 pm

vij_sp_1980 wrote:Yes,i have the same experience of andrej that I also applied through NCS and then recieved a letter which informed me of approval and told me to contact my local council and they provided the details.

After I called them, the council then sent me a separate invitation/confirmation by e-mail . I have opted for private cermony for which i had to pay from my pocket.
Yea dude, I tried to do a private ceremony (only £80) but my spouse freaked out about paying extra on top of £851 so now I am a sucker and waiting... waiting... still waiting... for a group one.