ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied through NCS & received approval letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Applied through NCS & received approval letter

Post by vinitmanu » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 pm

My wife applied through NCS last month and last week she received her approval letter. The letter says that her application has been successful but she has to wait for the invitation letter. Reading through previous threads I thought that applicants applying through NCS only receive the invitation letter and not the approval letter. Is there anyone who has applied through NCS and received an approval letter as well as invitation letter?

Smallfamily

Re: Applied through NCS & received approval letter

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes thats normal so dont worry and many many congrats :D

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 am

Smallfamily wrote:Yes thats normal so dont worry and many many congrats :D
Thanks Smallfamily. she is coming up to her 14 days deadline and there is still no sign of the Invitation letter.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Thanks Smallfamily. she is coming up to her 14 days deadline and there is still no sign of the Invitation letter.
I would suggest you contact your Council and discuss this with them because i have seen people getting confused over this especially if you applied through NCS .

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm

trs2011 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:
I would suggest you contact your Council and discuss this with them because i have seen people getting confused over this especially if you applied through NCS .
Thanks trs2011 !

My wife phoned council up but the response was that they haven't received any certificate from the HO. They normally receive the certificates on Thursday. So fingers crossed.

We also tried calling HO but apparently you only get a voice mail asking you to send an email.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Congratulation! And all the best.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 pm

vinitmanu wrote:My wife applied through NCS last month and last week she received her approval letter. The letter says that her application has been successful but she has to wait for the invitation letter. Reading through previous threads I thought that applicants applying through NCS only receive the invitation letter and not the approval letter. Is there anyone who has applied through NCS and received an approval letter as well as invitation letter?
Just to update, My wife received her Invitation letter today asking her to contact the council ! I think in her case she has broken the popular myth that anyone applying through NCS only receives one letter (i.e approval + Invitation letter combined)

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:47 pm

vinitmanu wrote: Just to update, My wife received her Invitation letter today asking her to contact the council ! I think in her case she has broken the popular myth that anyone applying through NCS only receives one letter (i.e approval + Invitation letter combined)
Hi vinitmanu,

Did the invitation letter come from the Home Office? or was it from the Council asker her to contact them to arrange a date?
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm

BigSam wrote:
vinitmanu wrote: Just to update, My wife received her Invitation letter today asking her to contact the council ! I think in her case she has broken the popular myth that anyone applying through NCS only receives one letter (i.e approval + Invitation letter combined)
Hi vinitmanu,

Did the invitation letter come from the Home Office? or was it from the Council asker her to contact them to arrange a date?
Hi Bigsam,

The letter asked her to contact the council to arrange the ceremony ! however, it came from the HO !

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm

vinitmanu wrote: Hi Bigsam,

The letter asked her to contact the council to arrange the ceremony ! however, it came from the HO !
Hi vinitmanu,

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the end of your journey. Hope I get mine soon too :wink:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 pm

BigSam wrote:
vinitmanu wrote: Hi Bigsam,

Hi vinitmanu,

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the end of your journey. Hope I get mine soon too :wink:
Thanks & good luck. I'm sure your's will come soon.