ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To send or NOT to send - passport application!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrej

To send or NOT to send - passport application!

Post by andrej » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:09 am

The current passport application form and handbook (dated 26.09.2012) only ask for “all UNCANCELLED passports” to be sent in with the application. “A cancelled passport has the top right-hand corner of the cover cut off.”
No-where does it say to send in the passport used to enter the UK for the first time (like it did in AN application).

I am asking other members for both advice and their point of view... the two may differ. For example, I am thinking to send in the old, cancelled passports for safety’s sake but on the other hand I feel that it should not be necessary and is NOT asked for.

From my point of view, all they are checking for is the applicant’s identity and NOT the entitlement to a passport. That part was already established through the approval of the AN application and possession of the Naturalisation Certificate.

Thanks

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Just send all valid passport not cancelled passport. All the best!