ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application - Entry visa in cancelled passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oye_rg

Passport application - Entry visa in cancelled passport

Post by oye_rg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:01 pm

Hi,
Its been over 6 years since I arrived in the UK and have had an Indian passport renewal since then. Now I am applying for british passport after getting certificate of naturalisation.

My question is whether I need to send both the current and the cancelled passport? Section 3 clearly says they need only uncancelled passports but supporting documents guidance seems to suggest they need to see visa for first entry in the UK? Please help.

Thanks

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Passport application - Entry visa in cancelled passport

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:41 pm

oye_rg wrote:Hi,
Its been over 6 years since I arrived in the UK and have had an Indian passport renewal since then. Now I am applying for british passport after getting certificate of naturalisation.

My question is whether I need to send both the current and the cancelled passport? Section 3 clearly says they need only uncancelled passports but supporting documents guidance seems to suggest they need to see visa for first entry in the UK? Please help.

Thanks
My wife has a similar situation and she will apply for passport next week. However, we have decided to send both (doesn't do any harm).

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm

I was very worried about this as I had lived in this country 16 years when I applied and I do not have the passport on which I entered the UK anymore. I have applied for my first British passport last month with just my current German passport and my Certificate of Naturalisation. I had my passport interview on 27th December and yesterday I got a letter from DX saying that I have my passport ready for delivery. So I did not need the passport I entered the UK with.

Corinna

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 am

No, you don't need to send your cancelled passport. Just send your current valid passport with your application. Good luck.

andrej

Post by andrej » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:17 am

Don't bother with your cancelled passport. They are not trying to establish if you qualify for BC or not hence to give you or not give you a passport.

You've already done this thing and your certificate of naturalisation proves it.

All they need to know is that you are who you claim to be and you have had previous passports.

I am NOT a very happy man when they (whoever they are) ask for original documentation to be sent over. It might get lost. So I grugingly sent them my current passport and the certificate (which they folded!!!). Thats all they need to know!!!

oye_rg

Post by oye_rg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:28 pm

I sent my application today through C&S and they did not ask for the cancelled passport and I was not intending to send that anyway. To be honest the lady at the post office did not appear very well versed in C&S so would be too much for her to notice this peculiar condition. Anyway I didn't mention and didn't send. Will update this post hopefully when i get the passport, or not.

oye_rg

Post by oye_rg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

GOT MY APPLICATION APPROVED AND HAVE RECEIVED MY BRITISH PASSPORT ALREADY.

So they do not need your cancelled passports even if there are current visa or proof of legal entry in them.