ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: British Citizenship Applciation Delay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Help: British Citizenship Applciation Delay

Post by ReallyFedup » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi,
I have been waiting for a reply for my BC application for over six months now. I have emailed UKBA but no reply this time around.

My application is straight forward (ILR +1).

They say the website they don't accept phone inquiries anymore.

I know people from same country of origin who had their application dealt with within 4 months

Can someone advise regarding the next step I could take to find out the progress of my application and possibly speed up the process

Thanks in advance for your help

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:17 pm

see this discussion - contacting UKBA after 6 months

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Step 1 : Email Local MP

Post by ReallyFedup » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks! , I have just emailed my local MP.
Not sure what details they will require. I might have to fig that application number.

Fingers crossed :)

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Post by ReallyFedup » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Just an update about this might be helpful.

After I emailed my local MP I got a prompt reply and my local MP contacted ukba who informed her there has been a backlog and that now they are clearing it. I then a got a prompt letter from UKBA that my application is being processed. It then it took few weeks and I got my approval.

Good luck for those waiting

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:22 pm

Congratulations ReallyFedup...

I am heading this way too (into the 6+ months wait) , I actually just posted a question on another thread about contacting MP's.

Could you please add some comments to either this or the other thread. I am trying to see other's experiences to help me in mine :(
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...

ReallyFedup
Newly Registered

Post by ReallyFedup » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:19 am

Hi BigSam
I understand the concern.

I would advise you to completely forget about it until the six months expire. Then if no reply contact your local MP.

There was not much I could do before the 6 Months even though I was seeing on this forum applications made much later than mine being processed successfully.

My application was very straightforward by the way so I would not worry too much about it

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:06 am

ReallyFedup wrote:After I emailed my local MP I got a prompt reply and my local MP contacted ukba who informed her there has been a backlog and that now they are clearing it. I then a got a prompt letter from UKBA that my application is being processed. It then it took few weeks and I got my approval.
Glad the "MP" method worked for you. I'm sure that an MP's enquiry prompts them to dig out the application from the bottom of a pile and get on with processing it.

BigSam

Post by BigSam » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:45 pm

You see my problem is I heard not all MP's are helpful and some have no interest in taking up the matter with the Home Office.

While there is still a slim ray of hope I might here anything before I complete the four months, I am still anxious :(

It is my intention to put it behind me from March until end of April when I will write to my MP and hope for the best!!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it...