ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Road Tax fine affect by BC application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SHANKARK

Will Road Tax fine affect by BC application?

Post by SHANKARK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Hello,

I am due to file my application for BC in 2 months and concerned about a road tax offence. I've heard that road tax offences are now included in the good character requirement from December 2012.

3 years ago, I bought a car from car giant which din't have a tax disc. As I bought the car on a Friday evening, I drove it back home (without tax disc) and parked on a free parking road nearby intending to apply for the road tax on Monday at the post office.

But on Monday morning, it was spotted by a traffic warden and who immediately arranged for the car to be towed away to a pounding yard. Later, I bought the tax disc and went to the pounding yard and paid a £200 fine plus a £57 fine and got my car released.

Later, I filed 3 complaints to the DVLA explaining my circumstances including the final complaint to the Director of DVLA but all were turned down advising me that they were sorry about this episode but they couldn't do waive the fine for me.

I wonder if this episode will affect BC application? I got ILR in March last year and this wasn't an issue.

Any advise will be much appreciated.

sushdmehta_fan

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 pm

That's so unfair on you very unfortunate!!
I know you have to declare nationality group has this gateway with dvla, dwp,hmrc, PNC.

I don't think there would NOT be a problem of you declare and explain fully with the application.

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 pm

You should have arranged an MOT.

All journeys to a pre-arranged MOT are valid.

The bus or taxi will get you to the post office to sort out the tax disc.

Unfortunately, traffic wardens and the nasty registration plate recognition cameras are jut too efficient nowadays.

Better your contact UKBA and determine your eligibility for naturalisation prior to going forward.

ban.s

Re: Will Road Tax fine affect by BC application?

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

SHANKARK wrote:I've heard that road tax offences are now included in the good character requirement from December 2012.
That's correct only if there was a conviction. Your case should have no impact.

The fine and release charges that you had to pay were correct as cars without a tax disc should not be on the road.