ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using same pics for nationality and passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ShahG.
Newly Registered

Using same pics for nationality and passport

Post by ShahG. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:49 pm

I have afews pics left over from my nationality application which i applied on 10/01/13, I was wondering if i can use these when it comes to applying for british passport as i heard they cant be over a month old. How do they know how old pics are,

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Using same pics for nationality and passport

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

ShahG. wrote:I have afews pics left over from my nationality application which i applied on 10/01/13, I was wondering if i can use these when it comes to applying for british passport as i heard they cant be over a month old. How do they know how old pics are,
No, the passport photos must indeed be taken within the last month. Assuming that your naturalisation process took longer than that, it would cause problems. For your passport application and for your interview, they will evaluate all data they already hold - that includes your form AN. If you use the same pictures they will notice and that will cause problems.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:56 pm

ShahG. wrote:I have afews pics left over from my nationality application which i applied on 10/01/13, I was wondering if i can use these when it comes to applying for british passport as i heard they cant be over a month old. How do they know how old pics are,
I'm assuming that IPS (Passport issuing authority that sits under the umbrella of HO) have access to your Nationality application as well. Have a look at the recent case.

ShahG.
Newly Registered

Post by ShahG. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:03 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
I'm assuming that IPS (Passport issuing authority that sits under the umbrella of HO) have access to your Nationality application as well. Have a look at the recent case.
Thanks for the quick reply, I just cant get my head around it as am not going to change in say 3months, Theres no difference in my last pic on passport from acouple of years ago bar the clothes am wearing

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:43 pm

FYI - for my appllication, used pics that were 2-3 yrs old and I got away with it. Have had my interview and am waiting for my passport.

Called IPS and was told passport has been printed, so basically i dont see this to be a problem. when I went for the passport interview, i was asked to take my glasses off and the lady coompared my face to the pics i reckon.

Not trying to say what to do just sharing my experience, I could be one of the lucky ones.

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
No, the passport photos must indeed be taken within the last month. Assuming that your naturalisation process took longer than that, it would cause problems. For your passport application and for your interview, they will evaluate all data they already hold - that includes your form AN. If you use the same pictures they will notice and that will cause problems.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:09 pm

bobobo wrote:FYI - for my appllication, used pics that were 2-3 yrs old and I got away with it. Have had my interview and am waiting for my passport.
I think in practice it is not so much about the age (I agree, few faces change change enough within a year or two for the HO to notice), but more about using the same photos used for the naturalisation. Did you use identical passport photos for both applications (naturalisation/passport)?

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Yes I did and the funny thing I had the same picture on the PR as well, hence I think I got away as PR was issued about 15 months back
Gyfrinachgar wrote:
bobobo wrote:FYI - for my appllication, used pics that were 2-3 yrs old and I got away with it. Have had my interview and am waiting for my passport.
I think in practice it is not so much about the age (I agree, few faces change change enough within a year or two for the HO to notice), but more about using the same photos used for the naturalisation. Did you use identical passport photos for both applications (naturalisation/passport)?

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 pm

bobobo wrote:Yes I did and the funny thing I had the same picture on the PR as well, hence I think I got away as PR was issued about 15 months back
Using the same photo in PR, BC and PP - cheeky... :D
Okay, so obviously it is possible. I figure it is not a risk for the applicant, in the worst case IPS will reject the photo and the only thing one has lost is time. Still, I would not do that. They explicitly ask for a photo that is not older than 1 month, which is not unreasonable. Besides, photos cost less than £10 in a photo-studio, hardly noticable in the overall costs. Do not spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar, as the saying goes.

andrej

Post by andrej » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:48 pm

bobobo wrote:Yes I did and the funny thing I had the same picture on the PR as well, hence I think I got away as PR was issued about 15 months back
Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Lol, I also used my PR photographs for my AN and for my passport. So once they had my original passport, copy of AN form and passport application they could clearly see the same photo on them all. The lady in my interview just mentioned that my hair is a bit longer in reality... :lol: I also managed to answer my DOB wrongly.

So I would say don't worry about it people, they just want to make sure you don't use something from 1980s or whatever.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
I'm assuming that IPS (Passport issuing authority that sits under the umbrella of HO) have access to your Nationality application as well.

Definitely , IPS is a sub division of UKBA both part of HO and they do have access to your AN application and the decision . Imagine someone who applies for a passport on the same day he has his citizenship ceremony , they will be able to have all your details by a click of a button . They are interconnected obviously . The signature on your AN app , will be checked compared to your signature for the passport app , so its all very well done . And that passport is so complex its almost impossible for any imposter to forge . I read an interesting article how the bio passport US and UK are 99.999% perfect , lol because of the retina thingy etc

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:57 pm

Just spend another five quids at a supermarket photo booth. All doubts, uncertainties and anxieties removed.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.