ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion Naturalisation, Passport, BC for Adult & UK ch

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppr1112
Newly Registered

Confusion Naturalisation, Passport, BC for Adult & UK ch

Post by ppr1112 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello All,

I will be applying for ILR on 4th April 2013 with my dependent spouse. I will not be applying for my uk born son who is 3 yrs old.

I was checking this forum for my childs British passport application timeline to see if we can travel europe in May end - june.

I have 2 questions which may be simple ..
1. My son can apply for BC immediately after we get ILR. Is BC and Passport application two different steps ? How much time it may take to get his passport in hand ?

2. After 1 year we will try for BC. What are the steps? Naturalisation -BC - British Passport ? I could not find clear steps for British passports after ILR.

please advice, thanks in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Regarding your son: You get ILR, apply for son's Registration (4 weeks about currently), apply for passport (1 week currently).

Between your ILR and child passport, safe to give at least 2 months... but definitely DO NOT make any travel arrangements before your get your BRP cards, and your son gets his passport.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ppr1112
Newly Registered

Post by ppr1112 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12

lovekirankumar
Newly Registered

Post by lovekirankumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Regarding your son: You get ILR, apply for son's Registration (4 weeks about currently), apply for passport (1 week currently).

Between your ILR and child passport, safe to give at least 2 months... but definitely DO NOT make any travel arrangements before your get your BRP cards, and your son gets his passport.
Could you pls help me with my situation,

My baby born in UK last year (2012) March. She applied for Indian passport for urgent travel to India, where she is staying with grand parents at present. My status was on Tier 1 General Migrant visa when baby born. Last week I and my wife got Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK. So we are planning to bring my child back to UK. As my child born in UK, whether she is eligible to apply for nationality now. If so whether i can process application for her in UK or should i apply from India.

If i am processing her application, do i need to send her passport along application.

If i send her passport, do you they check whether the baby is in India or UK while processing application?

Thanks in advance
Kiran

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Could you pls help me with my situation,

My baby born in UK last year (2012) March. She applied for Indian passport for urgent travel to India, where she is staying with grand parents at present. My status was on Tier 1 General Migrant visa when baby born. Last week I and my wife got Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in UK. So we are planning to bring my child back to UK. As my child born in UK, whether she is eligible to apply for nationality now. If so whether i can process application for her in UK or should i apply from India.

If i am processing her application, do i need to send her passport along application.

If i send her passport, do you they check whether the baby is in India or UK while processing application?

Thanks in advance
Kiran
Your questions were answered in your original post with relevant links.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#790986
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.