ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Penalties, Speeding Points, Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

algin8
Newly Registered

Tax Penalties, Speeding Points, Naturalisation Application

Post by algin8 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Dear Readers

I am in the process of applying for naturalisation as BC. I am a doctor and have been on ILR for nearly 1.5 years. I would be grateful if any of you could clarify the following:

I have only 3 points on my DL (£60 fine) i,e SP30 speeding offence taken in Sep 2012 as Fixed Penalty Offer. Also I was operating a limited company (now dormant) as a managing director and had to pay corporation tax penalty for late filing of taxes in Nov 2012. All taxed have been paid now and I have also lodged appeal with HMRC to waive penalties charged as there were genuine mitigating circumstances for the delay in paying corp tax.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a nearby NCS to submit by Naturalisation application which did mention speeding penalty under further notes but didnt write anything regarding limited company tax penalty/fine (as this was not incurred personally but onto company) However when I said this to the NCS officer, she called her colleague at Home office and told me that I need to wait for 3 years before I can apply successfully!! I was taken by surprise as I have not heard such a ruling before. She went on and asked me to sign a declaration saying 'she did warn me that my application might be refused'. Of course as you can imagine I didnt feel comfortable going ahead with my application & waste my money and hence did not submit my application.

I would really appreciate if anyone could throw light on my issue and also please send me a link for 'case worker guidance' on Naturalisation.

NB: I know a few people among my acquaintances who had to pay fixed penalty for late filing of corp tax for their ltd companies and got their Naturalisation done in record 4-5 weeks time recently.

Many thanks in advance.

algin8
Newly Registered

Post by algin8 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Just a quick update:
I have received HMRC letter today stating that they have accepted my appeal and have waived the previously charged tax penalties to my limited company.
So my query now is does the late filing tax penalty to my limited company would still be considered or stand valid in light of the current scenario in which previously issued penalties have been waived after successful appeal.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

algin8
Newly Registered

Post by algin8 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:26 pm

could someone please care to answer this post .. i need urgent advice.. cheers

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:30 pm

algin8 wrote:could someone please care to answer this post .. i need urgent advice.. cheers
If your tax fines have been waived after appeal you can send this evidence to the ukba to show good character. Although the penalty should not have an impact.

SHK

Post by SHK » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Which NCS centre you use for application.