ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Status of Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

Visa Status of Spouse

Post by piscean_sa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi guys,
Just a quick question please...
I have an ILR and am eligible to apply for British Citizenship (Naturalisation).
My wife is my dependent and has Spouse Visa.
If I were to apply and get a British Citizenship, how would it affect my wife's visa status?

Any clarification regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Visa Status of Spouse

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:56 pm

piscean_sa wrote:Hi guys,
I have an ILR and am eligible to apply for British Citizenship (Naturalisation).
If I were to apply and get a British Citizenship, how would it affect my wife's visa status?

Thanks
It wouldn't. It would just mean that once your wife got ILR should could naturalise as a bc after 3 years resident in the UK rather than 5 providing she meets the other criteria.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

Post by piscean_sa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 pm

D4109125 wrote:

Thanks
It wouldn't. It would just mean that once your wife got ILR should could naturalise as a bc after 3 years resident in the UK rather than 5 providing she meets the other criteria.
Thanks D4109125 for info.

So, will my wife need to apply for an ILR after her current visa (for 3 years 3 months, expires in Dec 2015) expires in order to be able to get British Citizenship?

Also, would our child be entitled to BC straight away or would I need to go through registration process?

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 pm

piscean_sa wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks

So, will my wife need to apply for an ILR after her current visa (for 3 years 3 months, expires in Dec 2015) expires in order to be able to get British Citizenship?

Also, would our child be entitled to BC straight away or would I need to go through registration process?

Thanks in advance.
Your wife should apply for ILR when she qualifies. She needs to be be settled before she can apply for bc. I assume your child is not yet born, if so, once the child is born in the uk s(he) will automatically be British as you're settled.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

Post by piscean_sa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm

D4109125 wrote:
piscean_sa wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks in advance.
Your wife should apply for ILR when she qualifies. She needs to be be settled before she can apply for bc. I assume your child is not yet born, if so, once the child is born in the uk s(he) will automatically be British as you're settled.
Thanks again.