ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

themonsoonhunter

Very Urgent

Post by themonsoonhunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi guys,
I know this issue has been discussed couple of times in the past but I wanted to double check...

I have got naturalized recently and have not yet applied for British Passport. I do have Indian passport just now with me.

Now, I have got a very urgent trip planned next week to Vienna.

Can I travel on Indian Passport which got Schengen Visa ?
Will there be any problem entering to EU countries or coming back to UK ?

I am happy to pay fine 145 per trip when I return my Indian passport but I don't want to do anything illegal ?

Please advise ... Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:12 pm

You should be fine. I believe India allows 3 months of grace period of travel before surrender the passort. Carry your naturalisation certificate with you just in case (when coming back). You can either enter with ILR without saying anything to the IO (when back in the UK) or produce the certificate and explain you didn't apply for a passport yet.
Last edited by Jambo on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

themonsoonhunter

Post by themonsoonhunter » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Thanks a lot. It was freaking me out considering India allow only allows one nationality.