ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband in the US, I am in the UK- Naturalisation applicatio

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

su6
Newly Registered

Husband in the US, I am in the UK- Naturalisation applicatio

Post by su6 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am

Hi,

I have recently been granted ILR. I am married and my husband has been sent to the US on an assignment; he is likely to be there for quite a few months. We plan to travel frequently during this time to be with each other. I know I can spend upto 90 days in this last 12 month period.

1. Will the fact that my husband is abroad for most months and I am in the UK, work against me when I apply for naturalisation in early 2014? (he is non- British , non-EEA/EU).

2. What precautions can I take from now itself to build a strong application for naturalistion next year?

Any advice please, Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Husband in the US, I am in the UK- Naturalisation applic

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 pm

su6 wrote:Hi,

I have recently been granted ILR. I am married and my husband has been sent to the US on an assignment; he is likely to be there for quite a few months. We plan to travel frequently during this time to be with each other. I know I can spend upto 90 days in this last 12 month period.

1. Will the fact that my husband is abroad for most months and I am in the UK, work against me when I apply for naturalisation in early 2014? (he is non- British , non-EEA/EU).

2. What precautions can I take from now itself to build a strong application for naturalistion next year?

Any advice please, Thanks
1. No.
2. Don't be out the UK for more than 90 days in the 12 months preceding the application and make sure you will meet the other requirements here - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

su6
Newly Registered

Post by su6 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks for your reply.

He has gone there on a H1-b visa (US work permit) and his UK residence status is my dependent.

I know one has to prove that they intend to make UK their main home; hence my question. Any thoughts?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm

su6 wrote:Thanks for your reply.

He has gone there on a H1-b visa (US work permit) and his UK residence status is my dependent.

I know one has to prove that they intend to make UK their main home; hence my question. Any thoughts?
Your questions have been answered.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.