ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

81romeo
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by 81romeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:13 pm

noajthan wrote:
Are you an A8 national?
If so were you WRS registered?
Section 6(1) application or s.6(2) - British spouse?
Nope, never ever claimed a benefit, have been working continuously since I moved.
In a nutshell, I arrived in Oct 2010 and applied for Naturalisation in Jan 2017, which is more than 6 years after arriving. Got the PR card in May 2016 but my PR status started (should have started) in Oct 2015.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:28 pm

81romeo wrote:Nope, never ever claimed a benefit, have been working continuously since I moved.
In a nutshell, I arrived in Oct 2010 and applied for Naturalisation in Jan 2017, which is more than 6 years after arriving. Got the PR card in May 2016 but my PR status started (should have started) in Oct 2015.
WRS is not about benefits its about A8 nationals.

If you have a British spouse then timing is immaterial; if not, yes you could have acquired PR as early as late 2015.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:38 pm

noajthan wrote: WRS is not about benefits its about A8 nationals.

If you have a British spouse then timing is immaterial; if not, yes you could have acquired PR as early as late 2015.
Thanks for confirming and sorry for misunderstanding, I'm not an A8 national nor do I have a British spouse.
So do you think my application will be straight forward?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:58 pm

81romeo wrote:Thanks for confirming and sorry for misunderstanding, I'm not an A8 national nor do I have a British spouse.
So do you think my application will be straight forward?
You are dealing with HO so nothing is straightforward.
However it looks like you should have acquired PR over a year ago.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

81romeo
Newly Registered

Post by 81romeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:04 pm

noajthan wrote:You are dealing with HO so nothing is straightforward.
However it looks like you should have acquired PR over a year ago.
Good luck.
Cheers, thanks a lot!

malik15

Post by malik15 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:08 pm

After 17 months I've finally received my approval letter today. I only received the invitation letter not sure if there is another one.

Can I now apply for my wife's naturalisation as she been here for more than 3 years as spouse of British national?

Also, as the new application process includes passport application but I was under the old process. Do I have to go for passport interview?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 am

malik15 wrote:After 17 months I've finally received my approval letter today. I only received the invitation letter not sure if there is another one.

Can I now apply for my wife's naturalisation as she been here for more than 3 years as spouse of British national?

Also, as the new application process includes passport application but I was under the old process. Do I have to go for passport interview?
Congratulationlatios - finally you got it!
Once you got your certificate after the ceremony your wife can apply immediately, I believe.
As you have to apply for your (first) passport separately it's likely you will be asked for an interview, this is straightforward, just to establish your identity.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:28 pm

malik15 wrote:Can I now apply for my wife's naturalisation as she been here for more than 3 years as spouse of British national?
Does your wife have either ILR or PR? If yes, then she can apply as the spouse of a British citizen, after you get the citizenship certificate.
malik15 wrote:Do I have to go for passport interview?
Yes. That is standard practice for all first adult passport applications, including for British citizens by birth.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

gtht

Post by gtht » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Just got letter from the Home Office asking for original passports for the past two years for myself and my wife to confirm the residency requirements were met. They also returned all other documents. The letter also says at the end of it to confirm the details that would be on my citizenship certificate if successful. I guess this means were almost at the end?! Can we expect the passports and a decision back in a couple of weeks? I do travel a lot for work.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

gtht

Post by gtht » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Also, I'm not sure what they are looking for. I have Global Entry for my USA passport which means no stamps when entering the US and they don't stamp EU nationals when they enter the UK so I pretty much have empty passports.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Did anyone receive LIUK test back after approval. I've only received the invitation letter but no approval letter.

Also, what documents I need for my first passport. Will be applying this week.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Did anyone receive LIUK test back after approval. I've only received the invitation letter but no approval letter.

Also, what documents I need for my first passport. Will be applying this week.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:45 pm

malik15 wrote:Did anyone receive LIUK test back after approval.
The LIUK test certificate is retained by the Home Office at naturalisation, as it is spent (has no further use).

Have you attended the citizenship ceremony and got the citizenship certificate?

Have you been through the Applying for a passport guide?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Apologies for multiple posts - my phone is acting a little funny today.
Last edited by malik15 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:09 pm

secret.simon wrote:
malik15 wrote:Did anyone receive LIUK test back after approval.
The LIUK test certificate is retained by the Home Office at naturalisation, as it is spent (has no further use).

Have you attended the citizenship ceremony and got the citizenship certificate?

Have you been through the Applying for a passport guide?
Attending this week. Thanks for the guidance note it was very helpful. I was misguided by a friend who almost listed 10 items to support the PP application.

I assume the moment I take oath I can no longer travel on my current passport and get back using my ILR. Is there a way to get PP urgently. I've got elderly mother and I don't like the idea of not having a travel document on me all the time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:56 pm

malik15 wrote:Attending this week. Thanks for the guidance note it was very helpful. I was misguided by a friend who almost listed 10 items to support the PP application. Unsure why 'friends' always seem to give such poor advice.

I assume the moment I take oath I can no longer travel on my current passport and get back using my ILR. Depends on your passport/nationality you hold. You are required to send the BRP card back within 5 days of attending your ceremony.

Is there a way to get PP urgently. No, there is no fast track option for first adult passport. It takes a roughly 3 weeks at the moment.I've got elderly mother and I don't like the idea of not having a travel document on me all the time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kaushikpaul
Newly Registered

Post by kaushikpaul » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:23 pm

I am about to apply for my Naturalisation. I am an non EEA national married to an EEA national.
date of arrival in UK 10th Jan 1999 (student visa). Date of Marriage Jan 2004
I was issued with a PR card in 2010 (renewal date Jun 2020) but there is no mention of family member of EEA national on it. Does that mean that I qualified on my own status and I have the right to remain regardless of my marriage. If so do I declare myself as a family member of an EEA national on form AN?
I have always had employment without any gap till end July 2016. Since then I have only worked for about 3 months. I am currently without a job for a month and am actively seeking employment. Will this affect my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 pm

kaushikpaul wrote:I am about to apply for my Naturalisation. I am an non EEA national married to an EEA national.
date of arrival in UK 10th Jan 1999 (student visa). Date of Marriage Jan 2004
I was issued with a PR card in 2010 (renewal date Jun 2020) but there is no mention of family member of EEA national on it. Does that mean that I qualified on my own status and I have the right to remain regardless of my marriage. Yes

If so do I declare myself as a family member of an EEA national on form AN? You need to complete the forum truthfully.

I have always had employment without any gap till end July 2016. Since then I have only worked for about 3 months. I am currently without a job for a month and am actively seeking employment. Will this affect my application? Employment is not a requirement for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

oms2000
Newly Registered

Post by oms2000 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Hello
Can i apply for Naturalization for me and my my son who born out UK as we granted ( ILR ) before one year , also my wife will apply for ILR after one year.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:23 pm

oms2000 wrote:Hello
Can i apply for Naturalization for me and my my son who born out UK as we granted ( ILR ) before one year , also my wife will apply for ILR after one year.
Thanks
Yes if you have held ILR for a full 12 months. Not sure if you born out of UK son will qualify as the mother does not hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Immigration status of child born abroad is typically in-line with the less-privileged parent.

So, if the mother will apply for ILR after a year, your child should also apply for ILR at that time and then get registered as a British citizen at that time.

A registration now (without ILR for both child and mother) is highly likely to fail.

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:04 pm

Finally an update......

after 16 months, I received the approval letter today dated 23/01/2107.

oms2000
Newly Registered

Post by oms2000 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:06 am

CR001 wrote:
oms2000 wrote:Hello
Thanks
Yes if you have held ILR for a full 12 months. Not sure if you born out of UK son will qualify as the mother does not hold ILR.
thanks for reply
yes i hold ILR for 14 months and my son also 15 months but my wife will apply for ILR after one year exactly
also we live in uk for 12 year legally.

oms2000
Newly Registered

Post by oms2000 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:36 am

secret.simon wrote:Immigration status of child born abroad is typically in-line with the less-privileged parent.

So, if the mother will apply for ILR after a year, your child should also apply for ILR at that time and then get registered as a British citizen at that time.

A registration now (without ILR for both child and mother) is highly likely to fail.
Thanks for reply
my child already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
me already have ILR since 14 months ago
my wife will apply for ILR after one year
can my son apply now with me for naturalization
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:49 am

oms2000 wrote:Thanks for reply
my child already have ILR since 15 months ago and he is university student
me already have ILR since 14 months ago
my wife will apply for ILR after one year
can my son apply now with me for naturalization
thanks
The way you wrote your post, it implied that your son was 15 months old or a small child. It really is helpful if members post the full details when asking questions :idea:

If your son is over 18, he applies in his own right and has to qualify on his own with LIUK, B1 English and 5 years residence and be within the absence limit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)