ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:56 am

I will advise you to move on with other stuff in your life, I know it is difficult but wait till around 6 months.
Let me share case with you:
Applied on 18th of April 2017
Decided on 22nd of August 2017 online tracker.
After waiting for 10 working days, I called HO, they took my details and was I told I will get response within five working days, few hours later l received an email stating no record showing that on their system. Still showing DECIDED on govt official website at of today.
[/quote]

Have you thought about giving your local authority citizenship office a call to see if your approval is on their system.

I called ours on Friday , the officer was very helpful and told me they get their application referrals for ceremonies on Tuesday and they go onto the council system on a Weds so we are to call back tomorrow to see if the approval is with them.. I was decided on 1st Sept so still within the 10 working days but thought a call wouldn't hurt. Give it a try

deefox
Newly Registered

Post by deefox » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm

I just got an email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after I sent an email yesterday and the email says

Hello

Your file is still in the queue. It is within our target to complete within 6 months of the application date.

Thank you

Not that it helps but I guess I just have to wait till Oct-Nov and see what happens. I applied on the 4th May and I already saw someone that applied 30th May receive a decision. Its really not fair but then HO works in mysterious ways .

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:02 pm

deefox wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 pm
I just got an email from NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after I sent an email yesterday and the email says

Hello

Your file is still in the queue. It is within our target to complete within 6 months of the application date.

Thank you

Not that it helps but I guess I just have to wait till Oct-Nov and see what happens. I applied on the 4th May and I already saw someone that applied 30th May receive a decision. Its really not fair but then HO works in mysterious ways .

Got my replies from citizenship.support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, did you send your requests to that address?

deefox
Newly Registered

Post by deefox » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:23 pm

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:30 am

I got reply from :
MMST FMT <NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

-----------------------
Hello

Your application is still within our 6 month target to complete the case from the application date.

Thank you
---------------
Above reply was very helpful from UKVI

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 am

Hi,

Maybe they reply from citizenship.support when the case has been decided?

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 am

We both are having almost similar dates of sending application (30 may 2017), online status updated to decided on 4th Sept,2017. Please can you let me know when you get letter from Home office
tintin13 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:51 pm
Hello all

I wonder if anyone knows how long it takes the HO to send their decision through to the Council after the online status has been updated to decided?

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am

Application decided 1st September and still no decision letter and no record on the council system as yet .

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:53 am
Application decided 1st September and still no decision letter and no record on the council system as yet .
why don't you call them? it's over 10 working days is in it.

djboys007f
Newly Registered
India

Post by djboys007f » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 am

Do let us know when you receive letter.
eryilmazhilmi wrote:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Hello,

I applied on 15/may/2017 via JCAP..Any one who has similar timelines and still awaiting the decision?

gregzzz
Newly Registered

Post by gregzzz » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

ashishashah wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm
Hello,

I applied on 15/may/2017 via JCAP..Any one who has similar timelines and still awaiting the decision?
Applied on the 16th, I am still "Awaiting a decision".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Can members posting in this topic please refrain from turning it into a timeline/still waiting discussion topic. There is already a topic for that.

This topic is specifically for general discussions not timelines or 'any updates', 'no, still waiting', 'applied around that time too....'.

For discussions about status of application, post in the link below.

british-citizenship/check-the-status-of ... 8-720.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm
Can members posting in this topic please refrain from turning it into a timeline/still waiting discussion topic. There is already a topic for that.

This topic is specifically for general discussions not timelines or 'any updates', 'no, still waiting', 'applied around that time too....'.

For discussions about status of application, post in the link below.
Apologies for this CR001, will post in the other forum.

Ashish

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:42 pm

mahasam wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:30 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
why don't you call them? it's over 10 working days is in it.
Have emailed the email address that I got a response form when I queried the delay in decision times so shall hold tight until tomorrow and see if in the morning our letter arrives , ,If not then I shall give them a call. Can't help but wonder why it takes so long to send a letter . I have requested on my email that I would like a copy of the decision emailed to me in the meantime , worth a try but not sure they will oblige !

Saulman
inactive

Post by Saulman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 pm

10 working days, don't count weekends. I hope it's good news for guy.

May I ask what date and month you applied for the naturalisation?

I applied mine on the 29/06/2017 still awaiting decision. I emailed them to double check if everything OK, they came back to me with this below .

Your application is still in the queue awaiting to be allocated. It is within the 6 month target of completing from the date of application.

Thank you

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am

Letter arrived this morning I have been approved . Cant explain the feeling. Wrong advice from 2 people had me doubting my decision . Shall call to book ceremony as soon as I am home.

tintin13
Newly Registered

Post by tintin13 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:06 am
Letter arrived this morning I have been approved . Cant explain the feeling. Wrong advice from 2 people had me doubting my decision . Shall call to book ceremony as soon as I am home.
I am pleased for you. A decision was made on 4th September and updated between 9th and 10th September for me. I called the council yesterday and they still haven't received anything yet. I am hoping my approval letter will be waiting for me too once I get back home today.

Tea_Rocket
United States of America

Post by Tea_Rocket » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Congratulations! I hope you're able to get a ceremony sooner rather than later, given how long you've had to wait for a decision.

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:15 am

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
What were you doubting about? HO confirmed that your application was approved :). Congrats !

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Tea_Rocket wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Congratulations! I hope you're able to get a ceremony sooner rather than later, given how long you've had to wait for a decision.
Unfortunately a 5.5 week wait until the first available ceremony 25th October at Cambridgeshire County Council. They only hold on a Wednesday.
Waited this long this 5 .5 weeks should surely fly by.

Only doubt was the refusal before appeal in 2010 but as my applications were made within time I was covered by rule 3c until appeal decision was given . Absolutely floating

Good Luck all .

mahasam

Post by mahasam » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 pm

eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:02 pm
Tea_Rocket wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am
eryilmazhilmi wrote:
Unfortunately a 5.5 week wait until the first available ceremony 25th October at Cambridgeshire County Council. They only hold on a Wednesday.
Waited this long this 5 .5 weeks should surely fly by.

Only doubt was the refusal before appeal in 2010 but as my applications were made within time I was covered by rule 3c until appeal decision was given . Absolutely floating

Good Luck all .
Why don't you do a private ceremony?

eryilmazhilmi
Mood:
Turkey

Post by eryilmazhilmi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:08 pm

No plans to travel and with work commitments and a short break away I can wait.

Pvsc27
Newly Registered

Post by Pvsc27 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi
Am applying for my wife naturalization and wondering what all we need to go to NCS as i understand now process is combined to have both AN and Passport application.
my queries:
1. how many photos we need to take?
2. do we need to take passport application from post office?
3. How many counter sign we do need?

Thanks
Sunil

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Pvsc27 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:23 pm
Hi
Am applying for my wife naturalization and wondering what all we need to go to NCS as i understand now process is combined to have both AN and Passport application.
my queries:
1. how many photos we need to take?
2. do we need to take passport application from post office?
3. How many counter sign we do need?

Thanks
Sunil
If you have made an appointment at NCS, did you not get their email telling you what to take?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.