ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BigMo

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by BigMo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am

sam86ds wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:57 pm
BigMo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm
BigMo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm
Tech12345 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi BigMo, Many thanks for the feedback. Please let us know when you get a response. I am hoping it has been allocated to a caseworker. Thanks
Hey, I have had a response from the team this morning. It confirms that the 'application is currently not with a caseworker as yet.' Hopefully it gets allocated soon!
Update on the above. I sent a further follow up this morning (have travel plans was trying to assess whether they needed flexing). Got the resposne:

"Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

FMT"

What's not clear is whether in 21 working days I'll get a decision or whether I'll get a generic letter in post saying 'some applications take longer than others'. Reading other posts, it seems to be a combination of both. For reference, my application is well within the 6 months so hoping it is the decision and NOT the 'may take longer' letter!

Wondering if anyone else had a similar email with application within 6 months window, and actually received the letter? Whether it was decision or just generic letter?

Many thanks
Best of luck bro!
I have received a same response from FMT team on the 14th October and still waiting!!!
Thanks chap, do keep us posted, and best of luck to you too!

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello members

I had asked for updates 5 days ago and have received the following reply:

Thank you for your polite e-mail

Obviously I can understand that this is difficult for you. However UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt.

Currently, our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

Thank you for your patience

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

Has anyone else received similar message? And what has happened after? My 6 months from the application date has just completed but my bio-metric was taken a bi later. Are they considering the 6 month time from application submission of bio-metric recorded?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:42 pm

wadan wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:40 pm
Hello members

I had asked for updates 5 days ago and have received the following reply:

Thank you for your polite e-mail

Obviously I can understand that this is difficult for you. However UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt.

Currently, our preparatory enquiries on this application are currently ongoing. This means that the application cannot yet be allocated. Hopefully it will not take too much longer before the application to considered. You do not need to contact us as once the application is decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.

Thank you for your patience

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

Has anyone else received similar message? And what has happened after? My 6 months from the application date has just completed but my bio-metric was taken a bi later. Are they considering the 6 month time from application submission of bio-metric recorded?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.
Hi
I got the same reply yesterday some days before they told me your app being prepared for caseworker consideration and now they send me same reply. I hope soon we all get decision who's waiting more than 6 months 😓

20shamat

Post by 20shamat » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi All, Im filling up online application for my spouse, below is the a query which is a bit confusing to say 'Yes or No'
Myself and my kids are already british citizen, my spouse is applying now for naturalisation with ILR. so what should be the answer.

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time

sonata

Post by sonata » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 pm

Take the "you will be contacted by post within 21 working days" response with a pinch of salt. I got this in September, after 30 working days emailed to find out what was going on.. and was told "there is/was no communication to be sent" which baffles me. I have made a decision to just forget about this whole thing..until the decision arrives. it's terribly frustrating.
BigMo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am
sam86ds wrote:
BigMo wrote:
BigMo wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Hey, I have had a response from the team this morning. It confirms that the 'application is currently not with a caseworker as yet.' Hopefully it gets allocated soon!
Update on the above. I sent a further follow up this morning (have travel plans was trying to assess whether they needed flexing). Got the resposne:

FMT"

What's not clear is whether in 21 working days I'll get a decision or whether I'll get a generic letter in post saying 'some applications take longer than others'. Reading other posts, it seems to be a combination of both. For reference, my application is well within the 6 months so hoping it is the decision and NOT the 'may take longer' letter!

Wondering if anyone else had a similar email with application within 6 months window, and actually received the letter? Whether it was decision or just generic letter?

Many thanks
Best of luck bro!
I have received a same response from FMT team on the 14th October and still waiting!!!

Katesays
Newly Registered

Post by Katesays » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi there,

I have appointment tomorrow. I am very anxious as i put professional referee an IT consultat working under a vat registered company. ( didnt find any professional people) i work in IT company so all can i get is only IT people. Second worry during immigration history i forgot to put my uk visa refusal 7 years back. I am a British spouse btw.

Do i need to mention about the visa refusal? ( Tier2 refusal. I dont have any document either). I mean do i need to write a letter and upload to the portal? I have submission tomorrow.😔😔

This naturlisation process is stressing me out!😱
I have submitted following documents

1. Recent passport
2. Old two passports
3. ILR BRP card
4. Masters certification
5. Life in the uk test
6. Old brp which i used to attend life in the uk test
7. Marriage certificate
8. My husband’s british passport
9. Two Referee declaration
10. My driving licence

Hope i got all the documents right😑😑😑

Thanks in advance🙂

Kate 😟

Katesays
Newly Registered

Post by Katesays » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:53 pm

Sorry not IT consultant but IT Development Tech Lead

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Katesays wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:53 pm
Sorry not IT consultant but IT Development Tech Lead
Hi all hope you are all doing well I am new here just stumbled across these threads last month and have been reading people’s comments and timelines and a lot of people are very anxious and very stressed for waiting I just wanted to say my friends let’s just focus on the HO timescale of 6 months that way if it comes early heeeeey we celebrate early. I know it’s frustrating to see others being dealt with within a month or 6 weeks etc but let’s have faith God is great he will deliver very soon trust me let’s not panic especially just after a month 2, 3, 4 or 5 after submitting they are still within their legal timescale 6 MONTHS so let’s not worry about others or those who are receiving fast responses we are all blessed in different way and receives our blessings at different stages so panic over and Good luck to everyone God is great, always have FAITH and PATIENCE we will be BRITS VERY SOON God bless and calm us and all shall be well. :D

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Misstee25 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:38 pm
Hi all hope you are all doing well I am new here just stumbled across these threads last month and have been reading people’s comments and timelines and a lot of people are very anxious and very stressed for waiting I just wanted to say my friends let’s just focus on the HO timescale of 6 months that way if it comes early heeeeey we celebrate early. I know it’s frustrating to see others being dealt with within a month or 6 weeks etc but let’s have faith God is great he will deliver very soon trust me let’s not panic especially just after a month 2, 3, 4 or 5 after submitting they are still within their legal timescale 6 MONTHS so let’s not worry about others or those who are receiving fast responses we are all blessed in different way and receives our blessings at different stages so panic over and Good luck to everyone God is great, always have FAITH and PATIENCE we will be BRITS VERY SOON God bless and calm us and all shall be well. :D
[/quote]

Hello Misstee25. That’s a nice message. But I am afraid that’s not right. We all pay the same amount of fee, which is considered to be the most expensive and some people get it quicker and others have to wait up to 2 years. Knowing HO well, some of them are just very lazy there. They are prity lazy to open the case and start working on it, delaying the decisions.
We all have limited life time scale and we should not waist our lives to wait something that eventually will come in 2, 6 months or over a year. We all have our own plans to keep our lives going.
Sorry but that’s my opinion.

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm

PPTP wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm
Misstee25 wrote:
Hello Misstee25. That’s a nice message. But I am afraid that’s not right. We all pay the same amount of fee, which is considered to be the most expensive and some people get it quicker and others have to wait up to 2 years. Knowing HO well, some of them are just very lazy there. They are prity lazy to open the case and start working on it, delaying the decisions.
We all have limited life time scale and we should not waist our lives to wait something that eventually will come in 2, 6 months or over a year. We all have our own plans to keep our lives going.
[/quote]

Hi my love hope you doing great I am I don’t think they are lazy far from it in my opinion as you know they have to do checks etc and maybe those with fast responses had just had their ILR issued maybe so information is there I have also seen that Indian nationals are dealt with so fast so as those married to Brits or have PhDs, Masters maybe that’s their first preference who knows but let’s not stress about it since they also say it’s not an entitlement let’s look at it like an engagement some people get married within weeks, months and others years lol hahaha what can we do we been waiting for years for this moment let’s just play along. I work in a similar job where we have to complete cases within a certain timescale but in most case we do go over due to 3rd parties we work with not getting back on time and when clients call in for updates they call you all names under the sun and sometimes told we are just sitting sipping tea and polishing our nails lol hilarious but what they don’t realise is we are on the cases daily moving them to next stages and if 3rd party does get back we are stuck all we do is send chaser emails until that’s done the case is stuck that’s all my love I still respect your opinion everyone is entitled to one but let’s trust in God he will deliver Faith overpower doubts let me know when you get your answer very soon so as myself will update you all soon God is good to us

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:12 pm

Misstee25 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm
PPTP wrote:
Misstee25 wrote:
Hi my love hope you doing great I am I don’t think they are lazy far from it in my opinion as you know they have to do checks etc and maybe those with fast responses had just had their ILR issued maybe so information is there I have also seen that Indian nationals are dealt with so fast so as those married to Brits or have PhDs, Masters maybe that’s their first preference who knows but let’s not stress about it since they also say it’s not an entitlement let’s look at it like an engagement some people get married within weeks, months and others years lol hahaha what can we do we been waiting for years for this moment let’s just play along. I work in a similar job where we have to complete cases within a certain timescale but in most case we do go over due to 3rd parties we work with not getting back on time and when clients call in for updates they call you all names under the sun and sometimes told we are just sitting sipping tea and polishing our nails lol hilarious but what they don’t realise is we are on the cases daily moving them to next stages and if 3rd party does get back we are stuck all we do is send chaser emails until that’s done the case is stuck that’s all my love I still respect your opinion everyone is entitled to one but let’s trust in God he will deliver Faith overpower doubts let me know when you get your answer very soon so as myself will update you all soon God is good to us
[/quote]

One more piece of information do you know you can still travel while application is being processed and for those of us who have sent in all documents you can write in and ask for documents to be returned and this does not alter or cancel application so you can get on with life while waiting I don’t see the point of stressing on a timescale that you can’t control pointless I’m sure you are aware they are thousands & thousands applying as well at the same time as us so it’s impossible to deal with within a short period of time also let’s count our blessings there is a lot of people who are struggling to have papers or to come into this country let’s not mourn my friends we are all blessed every one of us with a timeline here or not posted we are all very very blessed in my eyes we have jobs, homes and good health all we are stressing for is a British passport come on now I have been all over the world with my Zim passport but sometimes you have to apply for Visas for some countries and that’s what we are trying to avoid and kind queues at airports and as for me delaying my child and boyfriend as they are Brits I’m sure that’s the case but with ILR bare in mind that you are entitled to full benefits that this country offers and can also get any job as long as you have qualifications and get university grants too so why stress once again GOOD LUCK ALL IS WELL GOD BLESS GREAT BRITAIN AND ITS PEOPLE 🇬🇧

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Misstee25 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:12 pm
Misstee25 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:22 pm
PPTP wrote:
Misstee25 wrote:
One more piece of information do you know you can still travel while application is being processed and for those of us who have sent in all documents you can write in and ask for documents to be returned and this does not alter or cancel application so you can get on with life while waiting I don’t see the point of stressing on a timescale that you can’t control pointless I’m sure you are aware they are thousands & thousands applying as well at the same time as us so it’s impossible to deal with within a short period of time also let’s count our blessings there is a lot of people who are struggling to have papers or to come into this country let’s not mourn my friends we are all blessed every one of us with a timeline here or not posted we are all very very blessed in my eyes we have jobs, homes and good health all we are stressing for is a British passport come on now I have been all over the world with my Zim passport but sometimes you have to apply for Visas for some countries and that’s what we are trying to avoid and MASSIVE queues at airports and as for me delaying my child and boyfriend as they are Brits I’m sure that’s the case but with ILR bare in mind that you are entitled to full benefits that this country offers and can also get any job as long as you have qualifications and get university grants too so why stress once again GOOD LUCK ALL IS WELL GOD BLESS GREAT BRITAIN AND ITS PEOPLE 🇬🇧
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:19 pm

Misstee25 wrote:
One more piece of information do you know you can still travel while application is being processed and for those of us who have sent in all documents you can write in and ask for documents to be returned and this does not alter or cancel application so you can get on with life while waiting I don’t see the point of stressing on a timescale that you can’t control pointless I’m sure you are aware they are thousands & thousands applying as well at the same time as us so it’s impossible to deal with within a short period of time also let’s count our blessings there is a lot of people who are struggling to have papers or to come into this country let’s not mourn my friends we are all blessed every one of us with a timeline here or not posted we are all very very blessed in my eyes we have jobs, homes and good health all we are stressing for is a British passport come on now I have been all over the world with my Zim passport but sometimes you have to apply for Visas for some countries and that’s what we are trying to avoid and kind queues at airports and as for me delaying my child and boyfriend as they are Brits I’m sure that’s the case but with ILR bare in mind that you are entitled to full benefits that this country offers and can also get any job as long as you have qualifications and get university grants too so why stress once again GOOD LUCK ALL IS WELL GOD BLESS GREAT BRITAIN AND ITS PEOPLE 🇬🇧
You should have applied using the online form and used UKCVAS for biometrics and document checks to be able to retain your original documents and you would have been free to travel. The paper form you appeared to have use was withdrawn a year ago and is now only really used for those not in the UK. Requesting documents back can cause your application to be withdrawn yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:19 pm
Misstee25 wrote:
You should have applied using the online form and used UKCVAS for biometrics and document checks to be able to retain your original documents and you would have been free to travel. The paper form you appeared to have use was withdrawn a year ago and is now only really used for those not in the UK. Requesting documents back can cause your application to be withdrawn yes.
Before I made my application I called them & told them I’m based in the ENGLAND and can I use the AN form and post it by Royal Mail and was told YES NO PROBLEM and I then asked in case I need my passport back for any reason before decision is made can I do that was told YES and was given email address to write to also asked will it affect my application and was told there is an option that say DO NOT CANCEL APPLICATION the lady I spoke to said we do understand that while applications are being processed people might need documents back for different reasons also about using paper form application it was my choice I was very aware of the online I have 2 family members who used them beginning of the year.I didn’t have the place that do them near where I live and the one closest doesn’t open everyday and I work Monday to Friday very busy with my work also family duties and I had heard that you can spend the whole day there so I thought why not post if it was withdrawn for UK residence I’m sure they would have said 3 times I called and spoke to 3 different people all told me it was ok so all is well here they send me a letter for biometric which I did at my local main post office and they have also taken the payment so I’m all good thanks anyway God bless you.The ladies and gentlemen who take calls there are very warm, professional and very helpful at some point I had to ask 101 questions about my form filling the guy was very very kind and talk me through each question I was needing answering for almost 20mins I think in life you get treated how you treat others & I see myself as a very warm kind and considerate person towards others.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Me nd my friend used AN form and post it in September we both are in UK .we both had biometric last month.my friend application got approved within three weeks and im still waiting so you should be fine.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi Misstee25 you are absolutely right we can still apply through post if you are living in UK ,online form does not say anywhere that you CANNOT use paper form if you are living in uk, couple of my friends applied in April and July through paper form and get approved so it is totally wrong to say that you cannot use paper form. I have also applied through paper form and you can also get your documents back without application being cancelled as I did it personally and requested my BRP back and application is not cancelled.

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Sand6 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 pm
Hi Misstee25 you are absolutely right we can still apply through post if you are living in UK ,online form does not say anywhere that you CANNOT use paper form if you are living in uk, couple of my friends applied in April and July through paper form and get approved so it is totally wrong to say that you cannot use paper form. I have also applied through paper form and you can also get your documents back without application being cancelled as I did it personally and requested my BRP back and application is not cancelled.
Thank you my sweet I think eventually one day in future they might stop paper applications to save trees and for them to avoid misplacing people documents because in the past HO was known to lose people passport so the online is to reduce the number of paper work and try make everything digital but as for now we good anyone in doubt can call them direct they are very friendly and professional trust me these guys are soon to be our fellow Brits let’s not panic we will get our brown envelopes very very soon as for the person who said if I had used online I could have kept my passport for travel I already travelled before sending my application and my next scheduled trip is in the New year by God’s Grace to Australia Sydney let’s all stay blessed I feel like I know you all ahhhh bless you all I’m touched.

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:58 am

Finally, all the papers received and ceremony booked for 6th November.

God is Great. Whoever waiting desperately for a long will get faster response.

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:40 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:58 am

Massive congratulations mate!

Heitomorrow

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:40 pm
Heitomorrow wrote:

Thanks

Any recent response in your case ?

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:34 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm
sam86ds wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:

Thanks

Nothing mate!!

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm
sam86ds wrote:
Heitomorrow wrote:

Thanks

Hi Heitomorrow many congratulations. I hope it is a great relief. can you mention how did it take for you to get the approval. Thanks

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:

Congratulations my love God is Great he always deliver let’s all keep our Faith strong and positive vibes all the way once again very very happy for you we Praise the Lord our saviour 🙏ALL IS WELL

BigMo

Post by BigMo » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:26 pm

sonata wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 pm
Take the "you will be contacted by post within 21 working days" response with a pinch of salt. I got this in September, after 30 working days emailed to find out what was going on.. and was told "there is/was no communication to be sent" which baffles me. I have made a decision to just forget about this whole thing..until the decision arrives. it's terribly frustrating.
BigMo wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:37 am
sam86ds wrote:
BigMo wrote:

FMT"

Many thanks
Best of luck bro!
Hi all, an update on the below, I received my approval letter/ceremony invitation letter today in post, dated 30 October. So the 21 days thingy worked!

Goodluck to everyone else who is waiting for the decision, and thank you everyone for their contributions to this forum. I have, and most people similar to me have found this incredibly helpful!

Eveladouce
Newly Registered

Post by Eveladouce » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi all, I received my approval letter today. I am waiting for the ceremony letter and date. This site has been very helpful to me. Reading about your experiences here gave me hope and kept me going. I received my brown envelope today, and hopefully you will get yours soon.
Good luck and cheers.