ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lambroukos13
Newly Registered
Greece

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by lambroukos13 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi guys, today I got my approval letter from HO, I was quite lucky since it got just 6 weeks from the date I submit my application! Quick question, I hold the blue permanent residency card (EU National), do I have to destroy it and post it back after receiving becoming British citizen? Or this only applies for BRPs ? Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:09 am

lambroukos13 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:43 pm
Hi guys, today I got my approval letter from HO, I was quite lucky since it got just 6 weeks from the date I submit my application! Quick question, I hold the blue permanent residency card (EU National), do I have to destroy it and post it back after receiving becoming British citizen? Or this only applies for BRPs ? Thanks in advance
1. No need to send back.

2. Yes, brp cards issued under UK immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:20 am

I applyed in beginning of july, I emailed FMT for the firs time yesterday, and after few hours yesterday they send me this email :

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 9July 201919,  It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:54 am

I have sent them another email if they can explain what does that mean, is it on the que to go for a caseworker or not at all, will wait for their reply which probably will e a generic one, I mean 4 month now and they saying they are doing in order, how co9it be in order when people apply on September and get approval on October.
My case is very straightforward 5 years spouse of BC and
Holder of ILR, 2 british kids , doesn't make any sense how they work

Luckycharma
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Luckycharma » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:00 pm

My point exactly. I applied in March and it has been almost 8 months but no reply and no hope of getting any outcome anytime soon either. So frustrated at this poor system

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi all applied for naturalisation on the 29th of April still waiting;
Eligibility criteria : 5 year Refugee + spouse of BC
Language/LIUK Criteria : IELTS/GMC registered/ 5 years of NHS experience+ Life in the UK Test
Nationality : Non-EU/EEA
Method of application : Online + New Service (UKVCAS)
Date of application : 28th April 2019
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement : Email on 29th April 2019 with case ID
Date Biometrics enrolled : 29th April 2019
Date on Approval letter : waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter : waiting
Date of Ceremony : waiting
Date of Passport Application : TBC

Emailed HO: and this is what they replied:
Our preparatory enquiries on your application are currently ongoing. Hopefully it will not take too much longer for the application to considered. Once the applications are decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.
Anybody knows , why is this taking so long. Very unfair it is :(

boy2020
Newly Registered
Mood:
Sri Lanka

Post by boy2020 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi all, I applied naturalisation and my application is now approved. Should I apply for passport separately after the ceremony?

Also do I have to send my birth certificate for passport application and how long will it take to process?

Your help is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:34 pm

boy2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm
Hi all, I applied naturalisation and my application is now approved. Should I apply for passport separately after the ceremony? Yes you apply for a passport separately after your ceremony.

Also do I have to send my birth certificate for passport application and how long will it take to process? No you do NOT have to send your birth certificate. It can take 2 weeks up to 6 weeks for a passport.

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:38 pm

boy2020 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:30 pm
Hi all, I applied naturalisation and my application is now approved. Should I apply for passport separately after the ceremony?

Also do I have to send my birth certificate for passport application and how long will it take to process?

You can only apply for a passport after the ceremony (only then you are British).
The only documents required is your naturalisation certificate and your uncancelled passport(s) - originals only - NOT birth certificate.
Check the timeline thread for passport application - on average it probably takes about two weeks.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:54 am
I have sent them another email if they can explain what does that mean, is it on the que to go for a caseworker or not at all, will wait for their reply which probably will e a generic one, I mean 4 month now and they saying they are doing in order, how co9it be in order when people apply on September and get approval on October.
My case is very straightforward 5 years spouse of BC and
Holder of ILR, 2 british kids , doesn't make any sense how they work
These threads are really winding up a lot of people why worry guys let’s just relax it is what it is also what proof do we have that every who is saying they have been approved after a very very short wait 3,4,5,6,7,8,9weeks is true maybe they are just doing this to annoy others drive you crazy have mental breakdown have that ever crossed your minds 🤣🤣from now on let’s have proof take photocopy block names and numbers leave dates and the rest that way I will understand those who are highly frustrated what do you think guys because my heart breaks when I see people hurting because it’s been 3,4,5 months yet 6 months is constantly repeated by HO in response emails those past 6 months I feel your pain I hear you Let’s all take a moment of silent regroup and get on with life God bless you my brothers and sisters I really mean this let’s be calm and strong minded about this whole issue otherwise it will take over our lives let’s be strong minded guys AMEN 🙏

Katesays
Newly Registered

Post by Katesays » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:51 pm

Hi there,

I have appointment next saturday. I am very anxious as i put professional referee an IT Development Tech Lead working under a vat registered company. ( didnt find any professional people) i work in IT company so all can i get is only IT people. Second worry during immigration history i forgot to put my uk visa refusal 7 years back. I am a British spouse btw.

Do i need to mention about the visa refusal? ( Tier2 refusal. I dont have any document either). I mean do i need to write a letter and upload to the portal?

This naturlisation process is stressing me out!😱
I have submitted following documents

1. Recent passport
2. Old two passports
3. ILR BRP card
4. Masters certification
5. Life in the uk test
6. Old brp which i used to attend life in the uk test
7. Marriage certificate
8. My husband’s british passport
9. Two Referee declaration
10. My driving licence

Hope i got all the documents right😑😑😑

Thanks in advance🙂

Kate 😟

Sorry for re posting again

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 am

Katesays wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:51 pm
Hi there,

I have appointment next saturday. I am very anxious as i put professional referee an IT Development Tech Lead working under a vat registered company. ( didnt find any professional people) i work in IT company so all can i get is only IT people. Second worry during immigration history i forgot to put my uk visa refusal 7 years back. I am a British spouse btw.

Do i need to mention about the visa refusal? ( Tier2 refusal. I dont have any document either). I mean do i need to write a letter and upload to the portal?

This naturlisation process is stressing me out!😱
I have submitted following documents

1. Recent passport
2. Old two passports
3. ILR BRP card
4. Masters certification
5. Life in the uk test
6. Old brp which i used to attend life in the uk test
7. Marriage certificate
8. My husband’s british passport
9. Two Referee declaration
10. My driving licence

Hope i got all the documents right😑😑😑

Thanks in advance🙂

Kate 😟

Sorry for re posting again
Hi Kate
So here is what I think why don’t you ask your GP and if your company has an accountant that will do too as long as they have none you for more than 3years as for the 7years situation the HO has all the info about your immigration history so it will be wise to tell them since it’s 7years ago otherwise you can ask a solicitor they normally charge £50 to £70 for these type of questions or citizen advice they help too they have lawyers there it’s normally walk in first come first save kind of thing best to go early because they are very busy they normally open at 9 so arrive early so you get seen fast hope this info helps Good luck my sweet and all the best😁and please try not to stress will all waiting and can only wait and pray

noname1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by noname1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Dear all,

I sent my application for neutralisation three weeks ago and I now need to travel to Canada for 1 week (6-7 days) to help with my parent medical tests!!
Would this present an issue at all Re my application? Do I need to inform the U.K. immigration?

Anybody been in a similar situation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 pm

noname1 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:17 pm
Dear all,

I sent my application for neutralisation three weeks ago and I now need to travel to Canada for 1 week (6-7 days) to help with my parent medical tests!!
Would this present an issue at all Re my application? Do I need to inform the U.K. immigration?

Anybody been in a similar situation?

Non-issue, as has been advised 100s of times, you are free to travel. Just make sure someone is keeping an eye on your post and remember that ho can ask for any original documents or passports if the need to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

noname1
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by noname1 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Thank you.

Ty3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ty3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Hello groups pls I’m in a situation that need urgent attention do any members have home office contacts number?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Ty3 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 pm
Hello groups pls I’m in a situation that need urgent attention do any members have home office contacts number?
What is the "situation"??

When did you apply and when was your biometrics?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ty3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ty3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 pm

Pls I need advice I apply for naturalisation on October by post I received an email from the caseworker informing me that I need to do the KOLL the ESOL I did 5 years ago is not useful, I received my supporting documents back today my ilr is not in they only return my passport I have already book the test with my irl information I call trinity college to inform them about changing of ID they accept to change it I did not realise that my passport is expired last month I can’t do the test without a valid ID they advised me to contact home office I need their contact pls any help I need to fit for the exam on Saturday?

Ty3
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Ty3 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 pm
Ty3 wrote:

Pls I need advice I apply for naturalisation on October by post I received an email from the caseworker informing me that I need to do the KOLL the ESOL I did 5 years ago is not useful, I received my supporting documents back today my ilr is not in they only return my passport I have already book the test with my irl information I call trinity college to inform them about changing of ID they accept to change it I did not realise that my passport is expired last month I can’t do the test without a valid ID they advised me to contact home office I need their contact pls any help I need to fit for the exam on Saturday?

ignition0
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by ignition0 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am

Hi my wife applied in June for naturalisation because of being spouse in June but we haven't received anything yet.

When filling the documents we put our current house as address and the house we were moving in as the contact address.

Should we send an email to immigration?.

Should I contact my council in case the letter got lost?

I am a bit surprised how long is taking as we are close to hit the 6 months.

Thanks.

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:45 pm

Ty3 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Ty3 wrote:

Contact them through the following email. I guess this will work quickly. NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:51 pm

saamna wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:21 pm
Hi all applied for naturalisation on the 29th of April still waiting;
Eligibility criteria : 5 year Refugee + spouse of BC
Language/LIUK Criteria : IELTS/GMC registered/ 5 years of NHS experience+ Life in the UK Test
Nationality : Non-EU/EEA
Method of application : Online + New Service (UKVCAS)
Date of application : 28th April 2019
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement : Email on 29th April 2019 with case ID
Date Biometrics enrolled : 29th April 2019
Date on Approval letter : waiting
Date of receipt of approval: waiting
Date of receipt of ceremony letter : waiting
Date of Ceremony : waiting
Date of Passport Application : TBC

Emailed HO: and this is what they replied:
Our preparatory enquiries on your application are currently ongoing. Hopefully it will not take too much longer for the application to considered. Once the applications are decided, you will be contacted by a caseworker.
Anybody knows , why is this taking so long. Very unfair it is :(
Hi there. I have also received the same message. I have submitted my application on the 29th too. This waiting time is really very hard. Anybody has any good suggestion in this situation.? Does anybody else also have the same situation? please do share your thoughts and suggestions. it gives a relief.

Priscal43
Newly Registered

Post by Priscal43 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:26 am

Hi Guys

I have been a silent member of this forum but thought I should share my journey. I applied in September and did biometric around September 8 2019. I received an email from my caseworker askinh for some parts of my passports to be scanned and emailed back. This email was received last week Wednesday and I did this same day. I am happy to share with you that I received my decision on Wednesday, so in all it has taken roughly 8wks. Best of luck to those of you still waiting. This forum has helped in keeping my sanity during the process.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:44 am

wadan wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:45 pm
Ty3 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:33 pm
CR001 wrote:
Ty3 wrote:

Contact them through the following email. I guess this will work quickly. NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Yes this is the quickest way to get to them.

Misstee25
BANNED
Zimbabwe

Post by Misstee25 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Priscal43 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:26 am
Hi Guys

I have been a silent member of this forum but thought I should share my journey. I applied in September and did biometric around September 8 2019. I received an email from my caseworker askinh for some parts of my passports to be scanned and emailed back. This email was received last week Wednesday and I did this same day. I am happy to share with you that I received my decision on Wednesday, so in all it has taken roughly 8wks. Best of luck to those of you still waiting. This forum has helped in keeping my sanity during the process.
Priscal43 why pour fuel on fire that already going wild and some of us have been trying to extinguish it I think you should have remained a silent member until March 2020 😂😂
Another thing is some of the questions here are outrageous why don’t people use common sense none of us here work for HO come on now you are becoming annoying I remember on these naturalisation form/guidelines that they say you should be of SOUND MIND to be considered and a lot of you here are losing it get keep it real people if you waited between let’s say 8-15 years to be considered for naturalisation which they also say it’s not AN ENTITLEMENT and it takes 6months and sometimes can take longer yet you get so windy up get a grip people.My good friend sitting with me here said if she worked for HO and anytime she come across someone asking for update after 3-4-5moths she will add 6more months to their wait time 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Have a blessed day all.🙏