ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vik_mad

Form MN1

Post by vik_mad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 am

Hello,

I was wondering if I can get some answers to my below queries from the past experiences in the form MN1:

Section 1
1.1 – “Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.” - I have read through the guidance however I am not sure what needs to be filled in there?
1.2 – “Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number” – Please advise which reference number?

Section 7

7.8 – “For those applying under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981, I confirm that I am aware of the benefits of registration under section 3(5) of the 1981 Act but still wish to proceed under section 3(2)
(see page 10 of Guide MN1).” – Again not sure should I tick this box or not?

Many thanks,

Amber
Mood:

Re: Form MN1

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:12 am

vik_mad wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if I can get some answers to my below queries from the past experiences in the form MN1:

Section 1
1.1 – “Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.” - I have read through the guidance however I am not sure what needs to be filled in there?
1.2 – “Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number” – Please advise which reference number?

Section 7

7.8 – “For those applying under section 3(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981, I confirm that I am aware of the benefits of registration under section 3(5) of the 1981 Act but still wish to proceed under section 3(2)
(see page 10 of Guide MN1).” – Again not sure should I tick this box or not?

Many thanks,
Was your child born in the UK, if so was either parent settled (had PR/ILR) when the child was born, if not, is either parent settled now?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 am

My child was born outside the UK and we all have got the ILR done last year in May. We are applying for the Naturalisation at the same time.

tks,

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 pm

vik_mad wrote:My child was born outside the UK and we all have got the ILR done last year in May. We are applying for the Naturalisation at the same time.

tks,
Hi Amber,

Apologies to push you on this, i was wondering if you could please get back to me as i am in the process of filling the form for my appointment.

tks.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:19 pm

As not born in the uk it'll be registration by discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act. If a reference number isn't known that's ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:37 pm

D4109125 wrote:As not born in the uk it'll be registration by discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act. If a reference number isn't known that's ok.
Thanks,

I understand 1.2-it is clear to me.

re 1.1 do i have to mention anything and for 7.8 do i need to tick the check box.

plse advise.

nadeem toheed

Help to filling MN1 form

Post by nadeem toheed » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:35 am

Hi, I am not sure , did i post my Q or not , anyway i ask it again
I got ILR (ten years long res) and got 3 uk born kids
Q is, I am not sure to fill section 1.21 onward and section 2 , section 3
please advice,
Thanks

Laxman

Post by Laxman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:40 pm

In section1.1 put 3(1).

Cross out 7.8 because that does not apply to you.

vik_mad wrote:
D4109125 wrote:As not born in the uk it'll be

registration by discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act. If a reference number isn't known that's ok.
Thanks,

I understand 1.2-it is clear to me.

re 1.1 do i have to mention anything and for 7.8 do i need to tick the check box.

plse advise.

Laxman

Re: Help to filling MN1 form

Post by Laxman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:48 pm

You do have to fill in section 1.21 onward where applicable. Leave blank in section 2.1.

You do not need to fill in section 3.

nadeem toheed wrote:Hi, I am not sure , did i post my Q or not , anyway i ask it again
please advice,
Thanks

nadeem toheed

Re: Help to filling MN1 form

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:08 pm

Laxman wrote:You do have to fill in section 1.21 onward where applicable. Leave blank in section 2.1.

You do not need to fill in section 3.

nadeem toheed wrote:Hi, I am not sure , did i post my Q or not , anyway i ask it again
please advice,
Thanks
Thanks Laxman