ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Passport after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ConfusedLad
Newly Registered

Applying for Passport after naturalisation

Post by ConfusedLad » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi Gurus, I am very confused over the requirement to include previous expired passports. I have just been naturalised and am wanting to apply for the British Passport. I have 2 very old and expired passports (not been used in over 15 years) however they have not been cancelled. Problem is they are somewhere overseas and I have to get my parents to locate them and send them to me here in Britain, and I want to urgently apply for a new British Passport, so ideally don't want to include these if I do not have to.

The guidance and the form says to include all uncancelled passports. However, there are several posts on this website by gurus stating I do not have to include these, only the passport I entered Britain with. Can someone please provide some clear guidance.

Many thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:30 pm

An expired passport is a cancelled passport. Just provide your current valid one.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for Passport after naturalisation

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:57 am

ConfusedLad wrote:I have 2 very old and expired passports (not been used in over 15 years) however they have not been cancelled. Problem is they are somewhere overseas and I have to get my parents to locate them and send them to me here in Britain, and I want to urgently apply for a new British Passport, so ideally don't want to include these if I do not have to.

Its illegal to send a passport through Post from one country to another :shock:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:56 am

navalaviator wrote:
ConfusedLad wrote:I have 2 very old and expired passports (not been used in over 15 years) however they have not been cancelled. Problem is they are somewhere overseas and I have to get my parents to locate them and send them to me here in Britain, and I want to urgently apply for a new British Passport, so ideally don't want to include these if I do not have to.

There is no illegal act committed by sending a passport by post or courier.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vkv82
Newly Registered

Post by vkv82 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:20 am

I think that indian passports, by law, can not be sent outside india via post / courier.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:46 am

D4109125 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:

navalaviator is right, it is illegal to send passport oversees by post in some countries. I know this because it is the same rule in my country of origin.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 am

cricinfo wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
navalaviator wrote:

navalaviator is right, it is illegal to send passport oversees by post in some countries. I know this because it is the same rule in my country of origin.
Perhaps in India but not here.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:51 pm

Last page of pakistan passport clearly states that It is illegal to send passport via post to another country.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 am

Again in may be illegal in Pakistan but not here.