ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child was born abroad,Now in UK, Father British Which MN1?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

johnty

Child was born abroad,Now in UK, Father British Which MN1?

Post by johnty » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:46 am

Hi there

As I had the same situation when my Son was born in UK before I had ILR and when I got my ILR I applied for my son on MN1 for naturalisation under Section 1(3).

Now one of my work collegue has nearly the same situation apart from that his son was born in Afghanistan. who is now in UK since JAN2012 and he just extended his visa with his mother's extension.

I told him I thought he did not have to renew the Visa for his son instead he could have applied for him for Natularazation as the he (Father) is already British Citizen.

The question is if he can apply for his child now for Naturalisation on MN1 form and which Section he should applied under.

Regards

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am

Laxman

Post by Laxman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:09 pm

It is best to include his son when mother is applying for naturalisation. Fill in MN1 form under section 3(1).

johnty

Post by johnty » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 pm

born abroad

If the child was born outside the UK, then once one parent applies for naturalisation, the child can apply for Registration under section 3(1). The is application at discretion and the HO would expect that the other parent to hold (or to be close to holding) a ILR/PR status.
For the guidelines on Registration at discretion see section 9.17 .

Thanks

Mechili
Newly Registered

Re: Child was born abroad,Now in UK, Father British Which MN

Post by Mechili » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:32 pm

Please I have a similar concern.

My child was born outside the uk (USA ) this may 2016, has come in to the uk on usa passport on 6 months. I am British by decent and my wife has ILR. Both live here.

We are planning to apply for MN1 (3)1. for my child while also apply for citizen for my wife, within my child's 6 month visa on us passport. Or under my citizenship by decent (3) 2.

Question : is could my 1mo old child apply while under temporal admission(us passport visa) ???????

noajthan

Re: Child was born abroad,Now in UK, Father British Which MN

Post by noajthan » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:36 pm

@Mechili, it is absolutely pointless tagging onto a topic that is 3 years old.

Kindly familiarise yourself with Board T&Cs.

KIndly refrain form making unnecessary and repeated multiple posts all over forum.

Wait for answer in your existing topic:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 10682.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.