ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2013 - Naturalisation application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:33 pm

lol Derivaz

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Saturday delivery

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:47 pm

orioza wrote:
njoy1987 wrote:dude u will have ur letter on monday now bold or not ;)
Don't jinx it mate. I was hoping for a letter tomorrow. I checked 2nd class is delivered on Saturday's. :)

haha I done that before. since I got my passport I havent even checked my post :p:p

orioza
Newly Registered

Post by orioza » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:53 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
orioza wrote:
Don't jinx it mate. I was hoping for a letter tomorrow. I checked 2nd class is delivered on Saturday's. :)

haha I done that before. since I got my passport I havent even checked my post :p:p
Yeah I think my postman thinks I fancy him. I am always on the lookout for him on my days off or Saturdays.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:15 pm

[/quote]Yeah I think my postman thinks I fancy him. I am always on the lookout for him on my days off or Saturdays.[/quote]

With the milkman, newspaper man... becoming scarce, postman are the ones still available :wink:

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:27 pm

awww u guys like ur postmen x

guys I want u to know its normal and it gets better ;)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 pm

njoy1987 wrote:
orioza wrote:

You might get some important letter, like some company offering you a cracking job ;)

Borello
Newly Registered

Post by Borello » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 am

I got mine today so happy

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:39 am

Cograts Borello!!

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Borello wrote:I got mine today so happy
Congrats Borello, I got bugger all lol

When did you apply?

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:09 pm

You will get news soon Derivaz and we'll be here to celebrate with you

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:30 pm

congrats Borello.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:34 pm

Guys Derivaz is throwing a party for his forum buddz soon as he gets his reply free drinks all night

msjuv
Newly Registered

Post by msjuv » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:49 pm

njoy1987 LOL only for July applicants, august and september ones jumped the queue so can pay for theirs!

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:59 pm

njoy1987 wrote:Guys Derivaz is throwing a party for his forum buddz soon as he gets his reply free drinks all night
Sure, I'll invite the HO too lol

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:26 am

Tomorrow is Monday.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:22 am

neoseal wrote:Tomorrow is Monday.
Correct, I've already sent my weekly email lol

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Phew! At last.. that stroke of luck indeed :)

My Mrs. just now called me at work, and gave me that good news! :)
That elusive "Brown cover" from HO has finally arrived this afternoon :)
She has got her approval.

I can't wait to leave work and go home to enjoy the evening :).. few more hours to go anyway! I will wait it out! 

The approval letter asks her to contact the local authority and arrange the ceremony (within 21 days of the letter). There won't be any separate invitation letter apparently.

She is calling up the local authority right now... :)… we will go for a private ceremony anyway! :)
I cannot wait for her to see her British passport soon. We got lots of holidays planned in Europe soon... ha ha :)

Now our little family is fully British :)

The approval is dated 21st September, FYI (application received at HO on 18th July)

Derivaz, and all others waiting patiently... my best wishes… the brown covers are coming your way too... I can smell it :)
Keep calm and be hopeful of that light at the end of the tunnel, chaps!

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:17 pm

quantumscience wrote:Phew! At last.. that stroke of luck indeed :)

My Mrs. just now called me at work, and gave me that good news! :)
That elusive "Brown cover" from HO has finally arrived this afternoon :)
She has got her approval.

I can't wait to leave work and go home to enjoy the evening :).. few more hours to go anyway! I will wait it out! 

The approval letter asks her to contact the local authority and arrange the ceremony (within 21 days of the letter). There won't be any separate invitation letter apparently.

She is calling up the local authority right now... :)… we will go for a private ceremony anyway! :)
I cannot wait for her to see her British passport soon. We got lots of holidays planned in Europe soon... ha ha :)

Now our little family is fully British :)

The approval is dated 21st September, FYI (application received at HO on 18th July)

Derivaz, and all others waiting patiently... my best wishes… the brown covers are coming your way too... I can smell it :)
Keep calm and be hopeful of that light at the end of the tunnel, chaps!
Congrats, pal;

that approval letter dated just 3 days after it was received by the HO sounds a bit strange and especially that it took them more than 2 months to send it out.... weird indeed, but with the HO, you can expect anything lol.

I sent my biweekly email yesterday, so I should get the "no decision made" reply today or tomorrow lol

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Derivaz wrote:
quantumscience wrote: The approval is dated 21st September, FYI (application received at HO on 18th July)
that approval letter dated just 3 days after it was received by the HO sounds a bit strange
Congrats quantumscience!!

Derivaz, it's 2 months & 3 days.. :)

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Congrats quantamscience. Enjoy the evening.

Derivaz, we are eagerly waiting for the email reply. :)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:06 pm

p2kin wrote:
Derivaz wrote:
quantumscience wrote: The approval is dated 21st September, FYI (application received at HO on 18th July)
that approval letter dated just 3 days after it was received by the HO sounds a bit strange
Congrats quantumscience!!

Derivaz, it's 2 months & 3 days.. :)
Ah sorry, i misread that; that makes more sense haha

Still, long time to arrive from the 21st to the 30th; it should take 2 days....

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:08 pm

neoseal wrote:Congrats quantamscience. Enjoy the evening.

Derivaz, we are eagerly waiting for the email reply. :)
Ha ha, no reply yet, maybe tomorrow :wink:

quantumscience

Post by quantumscience » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Thanks guys.

Derivaz, i would not worry about the email replies they send. My wife had sent one email just last Friday... there has been no reply since then (not that it matters anymore ;))

So no replies from them or "no decision" reply does not seem to matter or of any relevance, going by many applicant's experience so far.

I think yours may have been processed and approved already, its probably just that your approval letter is stuck in the postal process dept of HO at the moment.

It will come surely, keep us updated.

My wife had to send out a filled questionnaire to the local authority (after she had called the council for the ceremony booking), and they said they will send the ceremony appointment confirmation invitation in writing once they receive the questionnaire letter tomorrow.

They confirmed the ceremony appointment as 9th October :) [Its a Group ceremony she has booked now, since a private ceremony was available only at the end of October)

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 pm

quantumscience wrote:Thanks guys.

Derivaz, i would not worry about the email replies they send. My wife had sent one email just last Friday... there has been no reply since then (not that it matters anymore ;))

So no replies from them or "no decision" reply does not seem to matter or of any relevance, going by many applicant's experience so far.

I think yours may have been processed and approved already, its probably just that your approval letter is stuck in the postal process dept of HO at the moment.

It will come surely, keep us updated.

My wife had to send out a filled questionnaire to the local authority (after she had called the council for the ceremony booking), and they said they will send the ceremony appointment confirmation invitation in writing once they receive the questionnaire letter tomorrow.

They confirmed the ceremony appointment as 9th October :) [Its a Group ceremony she has booked now, since a private ceremony was available only at the end of October)
They usually reply the second day, so maybe they'll reply today.... it's the only way we have to check if they have sent any correspondence; otherwise, we might be waiting for ages and the letter got lost somewhere and they don't know they have to send another one, so it's important to contact them every once in a while; so I'll keep emailing every 2 weeks until 6 months; then try to call them, if that fails, ask the NCS to call them internally and if that fails, contact my MP

natty321
Newly Registered

Post by natty321 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:07 pm

[quote="natty321"]Eligibility criteria: 5 YEARS ILR
Application : Self
NATIONALITY:PAKISTANI
Method of application: NCS MANCHESTER
Date of application: 22th July 2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23RD JULY 2013
Date of acknowledgement : RECEIVED 27th July 2013
Date of debit of fees: 24th July 2013
Date of approval: (dated 24 aug) received 29 AUG -2013