ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused --invitation letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raja999

confused --invitation letter

Post by raja999 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:48 am

My application was approved for citizenship and I received approval letter on 13 of this month with my documents. On the letter it did say my application has been approved.

I thought the council will send me letter for invitation of citizenship.
But when I called today to Birmingham council, one of their staff told me that i will receive another letter from home office and then I can book ceremony from council.

Is that true..? It's been 10 days I am waiting and now more confused about the procedure.

Advance Thx

raja999

Post by raja999 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm

kindly can someone answer my question. i self posted my application directly to home office. Will i get another letter from home office or my council should send me invitation letter ..?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:47 pm

If your approval letter states that you will receive another letter for Citizenship invitation then yes that letter will come from UKBA and not from your council.
So just wait for that letter which shouldn't be long to come through now.

Laxman

Post by Laxman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:37 pm

raja999 wrote:kindly can someone answer my question. i self posted my application directly to home office. Will i get another letter from home office or my council should send me invitation letter ..?
You will receive an invitation letter from Home Office. This letter comes in a brown envelope by royal mail second class.

raja999

Post by raja999 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:24 pm

Thx a lot lynxukauq & Laxman. It being 10 days since i got first letter with doc from home office.

It said you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship
ceremony...

please note this is not an invitation to a ceremony. you should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation...

so i thought next letter from council directly.

thx

Laxman

Post by Laxman » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 pm

raja999 wrote:Thx a lot lynxukauq & Laxman. It being 10 days since i got first letter with doc from home office.

It said you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship
ceremony...

please note this is not an invitation to a ceremony. you should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation...

so i thought next letter from council directly.

thx
You can contact council after you receive your invitation letter from home office. Council will book an appointment after they receive your information from home office. Call your local council only after receiving an invitation letter from HO not from council.

nathan_nathan

Post by nathan_nathan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:43 am

Raja
I think you should contact the council and speak to the citizenship ceremony officer. Chances are that the person whom you spoke to may not be aware of the process

honey y
Newly Registered

Post by honey y » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:21 pm

HI i also self posted my application and am in birmingham, i recieved my letter from home office then 2 weeks later i recieved an invitation from bham council and also a UKBA invitaion letter at the same time , id just wait for the letter and if you dont recieve it email the UKBA

raja999

Post by raja999 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 am

thx honey y. well its been now 21 days since i got the approval and still
waiting for letter. i called the council and they told me to wait 2 weeks more.
I did send emails to home office but their is no reply yet. i applied self and
from birmingham council. The whole process takes so so long.........

honey y
Newly Registered

Post by honey y » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:47 pm

I know how it feels after i recieved my letter saying to wait 2 weeks for invitation i was always waiting for the post ,when it did come from bham council i was given a date for 3 weeks time so thats more time waiting ! iv got 2 weeks left now , hopefully you will recieve a date soon , as with bham council they arrange date for u , u dont need to book and they will send a letter , let us know how u get on

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm

honey y wrote:I know how it feels after i recieved my letter saying to wait 2 weeks for invitation i was always waiting for the post ,when it did come from bham council i was given a date for 3 weeks time so thats more time waiting ! iv got 2 weeks left now , hopefully you will recieve a date soon , as with bham council they arrange date for u , u dont need to book and they will send a letter , let us know how u get on
You dont even need invitation letter from ukba as you applied via ncs my friend. People who applied by post they neex to wait for invitations letter. Or people who used different ncs rather than local council they also need to wait for invitation letter. And ncs applicants most of the time received combination invitation and approved letter. So home off doesnt send them invitation letter but local council does. But people like me who applied by post need to wait for invitation letter. Even if certificate comes in council still we need to wait for invitation from home office. Waiting sucks.

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm

honey y wrote:I know how it feels after i recieved my letter saying to wait 2 weeks for invitation i was always waiting for the post ,when it did come from bham council i was given a date for 3 weeks time so thats more time waiting ! iv got 2 weeks left now , hopefully you will recieve a date soon , as with bham council they arrange date for u , u dont need to book and they will send a letter , let us know how u get on
You dont even need invitation letter from ukba as you applied via ncs my friend. People who applied by post they neex to wait for invitations letter. Or people who used different ncs rather than local council they also need to wait for invitation letter. And ncs applicants most of the time received combination invitation and approved letter. So home off doesnt send them invitation letter but local council does. But people like me who applied by post need to wait for invitation letter. Even if certificate comes in council still we need to wait for invitation from home office. Waiting sucks.

mealos

Post by mealos » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:43 pm

skyiswide wrote: You dont even need invitation letter from ukba as you applied via ncs my friend. People who applied by post they neex to wait for invitations letter. Or people who used different ncs rather than local council they also need to wait for invitation letter. And ncs applicants most of the time received combination invitation and approved letter. So home off doesnt send them invitation letter but local council does. But people like me who applied by post need to wait for invitation letter. Even if certificate comes in council still we need to wait for invitation from home office. Waiting sucks.
Skywide are you absolutely sure about the ceremony letter from UKBA part , mate? Bad news for me then cos I have no NCS in the city I live and the nearest one offers appointment for months ahead thus I will try to go to London for NCS.