ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed penalty notice non endorseable

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adnanub

Fixed penalty notice non endorseable

Post by adnanub » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 pm

hi one of my friend got the Fixed penalty notice(non endorsable) for not wearing the seat belt by the police and he paid the fine £60.00. no court . do he need to mention in the form. Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adnanub

Post by adnanub » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:58 pm

thanks but its not clear from the FAQ

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:16 pm

Q11 - Should I declare my conviction even if it is spent?

You should declare all spent and unspent convictions. You should also include information relating to any FPNs (that are still on your licence or have been given in the last 12 months) and Fiscal Fines. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence you must provide the paper counterpart.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

adnanub

Post by adnanub » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks it means he has to declare the FPN on this application,

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:54 pm

If he has points or it was issued in the last 12 months he should include the details in the extra information box.

Adam77
Newly Registered

Post by Adam77 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Amber,

I would appreciate your feedback on this please. I just sent my application for BC and I have declared two car conviction - one was IN10 in Nov 2008 with a fine and the second was for LC20 March 2010 with a fine both given at court. However, I realised today that I didnt mention in the form about FPN I was given sometime in 2009 - 3 points plus 60 fine for allegedly not stoppong at a traffic light. I made full payment and the matter didnt reach the courts.

I read today that I should mention all past convictions regardless of it been spent or unspent.

Should I call the HO to inform them about this matter? do you think it may have an impact on my application if I dont inform them and they find it out.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:46 am

Adam77 wrote:Hi Amber,

I would appreciate your feedback on this please. I just sent my application for BC and I have declared two car conviction - one was IN10 in Nov 2008 with a fine and the second was for LC20 March 2010 with a fine both given at court. However, I realised today that I didnt mention in the form about FPN I was given sometime in 2009 - 3 points plus 60 fine for allegedly not stoppong at a traffic light. I made full payment and the matter didnt reach the courts.

I read today that I should mention all past convictions regardless of it been spent or unspent.

Should I call the HO to inform them about this matter? do you think it may have an impact on my application if I dont inform them and they find it out.

Many thanks
Don't think about it, if the FPN for your red light incident didn't reach the courts it's not a conviction therefore no need to declare.

Adam77
Newly Registered

Post by Adam77 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:46 am

D4109125 wrote:
Adam77 wrote:Hi Amber,

Many thanks
Don't think about it, if the FPN for your red light incident didn't reach the courts it's not a conviction therefore no need to declare.
Thanks Amber,

I wanted also to clarify - I had another conviction in 2006 which I did mention on the form but the lady at the NCS tore it up and said it's no longer needed and besides the HO is aware of it should they wish to find it since it was the reason I was refused before - Is she right about this?.

Also my last conviction became spent on 24.08.2013 - This is the exact date I signed/sent my application to the HO but they received it yesterday - would the HO look at the date form received or the date the form was signed?

I appreciate your assistance and I can't thank you enough really Amber

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 am

Well I don't think she should have tore it up that sounds unprofessional, declaring 'spent' convictions is fine, though you should be ok.

It does not matter whether the conviction is 'spent' what matters, is whether 3 years has passed since you were given a non custodial sentence, in your case it has. You shouldn't have an issue. Do not get another prosecution in the interim period whilst waiting for your decision!

Adam77
Newly Registered

Post by Adam77 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:46 am

D4109125 wrote:Well I don't think she should have tore it up that sounds unprofessional, declaring 'spent' convictions is fine, though you should be ok.

It does not matter whether the conviction is 'spent' what matters, is whether 3 years has passed since you were given a non custodial sentence, in your case it has. You shouldn't have an issue. Do not get another prosecution in the interim period whilst waiting for your decision!

Many thanks and I will update the forum the outcome of my application