ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refree question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adnanub

Refree question

Post by adnanub » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:37 am

hi my friend just got the british citizenship and waiting for the interview date for the passport. Can he act as refree for me as he knows me quite long time but problem is he dont have yet the british passport and what he should write on the form Passport number thanks

VR

Current British Passport (if any)

Post by VR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:52 am

Friend,

Look at 5.9 on the Referees and Identity section page 12. It only says Current British Passport (if any).

So your friend is perfect to act as one of the referees. You do not have to compulsorily put in a British Passport number and if they cross check they will get the picture. He becomes a British National once his Naturalisation Certificate is given. There is no need for him to get a British passport unless he wants it(to travel).
cheers
vr

adnanub

Re: Current British Passport (if any)

Post by adnanub » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks but if I look at the on top of the refree page it's clearly states that refree must be a British passport holder??? Please advice .

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 am

The non-professional referee must be a Britsh citizen passport holder so given that he may not end up with a passport you should look elsewhere.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.