ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October 2013 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:12 pm

dr_me wrote:
apple02 wrote:Current nationality: Jamaican
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 23/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/10/13 (Tracked via Royal Mail)
Date of acknowledgment: Awaiting Acknowledgement letter
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 12/12/13 (Account balance dropped today)
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

So guys its very interesting how my account balance was dropped today because I found a new job within the NHS and I need to show my passport (originals) to show proof of identity. I phoned the croydon HO yesterday and requested my documents back online so today I checked and they have debited my account. So literally it took me to request my documents back for them to finally debit my account kmmmt

I remember the woman telling me yesterday that it may take another two weeks for them to still get through October applicants
Interesting, It means we need to get in touch with them to get the ball rolling 8) Good Luck apple02 and thanks for sharing.
Dr_me, this is what I did, I pestered them calling or emailing every week. I think if you call they will be oblige of loking at your file otherwise it will get forgotten.

angie2013
Newly Registered

Post by angie2013 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:29 pm

apple02 wrote:
dr_me wrote:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

So guys its very interesting how my account balance was dropped today because I found a new job within the NHS and I need to show my passport (originals) to show proof of identity. I phoned the croydon HO yesterday and requested my documents back online so today I checked and they have debited my account. So literally it took me to request my documents back for them to finally debit my account kmmmt

I remember the woman telling me yesterday that it may take another two weeks for them to still get through October applicants
Interesting, It means we need to get in touch with them to get the ball rolling 8) Good Luck apple02 and thanks for sharing.
Thanks mr

Someone above us which am happy for who put in a joint application got through very quickly and they submitted after the rule change. So clearly this thing aint about being in the que its about who gets your case
Interesting...
I contacted directly Director of the department within HO dealing with the applications (found his details on the internet- these days you can find everything in the internet:-))
Being only an observer on this forum decided to add my information.
I applied on the 29th Oct - HO received MN1 appl on that day and nothing since then.
Anyway, as worried that nothing happened manage to find the contact details for the Director. Have got his response that they are dealing with applications in order day by day. Yesterday they've done some application from 25th Oct - payments,
acknowledged them (log in the system),so this is the status quo. They will be working on appl after 26th Oct next week. And yes they are working in order.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:29 pm

jotter wrote:Congrats UKnow! I've been following your timeline with interest as our paths have been very similar [we both went for EEA PR at the same time as well last year]. I have a bit longer to wait, but hoping for approval in January. Merry Christmas/Frohe Weihnachten
Thank you very much Jotter, I was also looking at your time lines, we have one more thing in common here as well :). I am glad this out of the way now.

I wish you all the best with your application and will keep an eye on the forum to congratulate you when you receive it ( very soon hopefully) :D

Vielen Dank, auch für Sie
UKnow

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:34 pm

angie2013 wrote:
apple02 wrote:
dr_me wrote:
Date approval received:
Date of ceremony:

Thanks mr

Someone above us which am happy for who put in a joint application got through very quickly and they submitted after the rule change. So clearly this thing aint about being in the que its about who gets your case
Interesting...
I contacted directly Director of the department within HO dealing with the applications (found his details on the internet- these days you can find everything in the internet:-))
I applied on the 29th Oct - HO received MN1 appl on that day and nothing since then.
Anyway, as worried that nothing happened manage to find the contact details for the Director. Have got his response that they are dealing with applications in order day by day. Yesterday they've done some application from 25th Oct - payments,
acknowledged them (log in the system),so this is the status quo. They will be working on appl after 26th Oct next week. And yes they are working in order.
If what he is saying is true, then how come some one who applied on 28th October already got approval???

apple02

Post by apple02 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:45 pm

nionlight wrote:
angie2013 wrote:
apple02 wrote:
dr_me wrote:
Thanks mr

Interesting...
If what he is saying is true, then how come some one who applied on 28th October already got approval???
exactly?????

angie2013
Newly Registered

Post by angie2013 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:52 pm

apple02 wrote:
nionlight wrote:
angie2013 wrote:
apple02 wrote:
Thanks mr

Interesting...
exactly?????
It was the main reason why I was so persistent in my internet investigation in finding the top level person in that section of HO. I asked about ' from 28th Oct' appl.
And he told me that they managed to deal with some appl received on 25th Oct.

nicenouman
Newly Registered

Post by nicenouman » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:49 pm

nicenouman wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2yrs HSMP+ 3yrs Tier 1+ 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Dudley
Date of application: 3/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 4/10/2013
Date of acknowledgement : 22/10/2013(dated 16/10/2013)
Date of debit of fees: 16/10/2013
Date of approval: 12/12/2013 (dated 04/12/2013)
Date of Ceremony: 22/01/2014.
good luck to everyone else. It is a great forum.

jinish09
Newly Registered

Post by jinish09 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 yrs WP + 1 yr ILR
Date of application: 08/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/10/2013 (Confirmed by Royal Mail)
Date of Acknowledgement : 24/10/13
Date of payment taken : 25/10/13
Date of approval : 09/12/13 ( received today 12/12/13)
Date of Ceremony : TBC

:P

dr_me

Post by dr_me » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Last edited by dr_me on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

apple02

Post by apple02 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 pm

dr_me wrote:
angie2013 wrote:
apple02 wrote:
nionlight wrote:
exactly?????
It was the main reason why I was so persistent in my internet investigation in finding the top level person in that section of HO. I asked about ' from 28th Oct' appl.
And he told me that they managed to deal with some appl received on 25th Oct.
I think NCS applications takes longer to conclude because HO may have to check the originality of all submitted documents. If applied by post one would have sent the originals so it is easy to check and conclude the case. Isn't it? I think the best is to send all originals through post. Another observation by Dr_me :wink:
That's what i was thinking myself but then what would be the point of having a nationality checking service?

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:55 pm

UPDATE
Eligibility Criteria :Long residence + 12 years ILR
Method of application : NCS
Date of application: 15/10/2013
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/10/2013
Date of fees debited: 7/11/2013
Date of acknowledgement:11/11/2013 (Dated:7/11/2013)
Date of Approval received:12/12/2013 (Dated:8/12/2013 - which is on Sunday)
Date of Ceremony:TBA

I have received the approval letter from the Home Office today. Also received ceremony invitation letter from my local council as well.
Thanks a lot for all the input guys and good luck to all who are still waiting.
:D

rizwo

Post by rizwo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 pm

jotter wrote:
rizwo wrote:Ring them today, they searched my name with DOB and confirmed that I am not even in the system.
Advise: Next year shall be on the system and then they shall take the money from my account.

By the way I applied on 23/10/2012. :lol: :lol:
Interesting. So it looks as though one is not 'on the system' until they've done the initial check when they debit the fee and send the acknowledgement. Then one must wait the extra period for the decision. The 6 month deadline on visibility, however, should (must) be worked out from the date of the HO actually receiving the application, not the 'on the system' date.
Yesterday Payment has been taken. Lets see what happens next.

apple02

Post by apple02 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:04 pm

rizwo wrote:
jotter wrote:
rizwo wrote:Ring them today, they searched my name with DOB and confirmed that I am not even in the system.
Advise: Next year shall be on the system and then they shall take the money from my account.

By the way I applied on 23/10/2012. :lol: :lol:
Interesting. So it looks as though one is not 'on the system' until they've done the initial check when they debit the fee and send the acknowledgement. Then one must wait the extra period for the decision. The 6 month deadline on visibility, however, should (must) be worked out from the date of the HO actually receiving the application, not the 'on the system' date.

Yesterday Payment has been taken. Lets see what happens next.
well done, my fees were taken today and i applied on the 23rd and they received it on the 24th of october

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:04 pm

apple02 wrote: That's what i was thinking myself but then what would be the point of having a nationality checking service?
You get to hang onto your passport. That's reason enough for a lot of people, particularly those who have gone through 6 month+ timeline experiences for earlier visas where they had no choice but to apply by post.

Jessk
Newly Registered

Post by Jessk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:11 pm

jotter wrote:
apple02 wrote: That's what i was thinking myself but then what would be the point of having a nationality checking service?
You get to hang onto your passport. That's reason enough for a lot of people, particularly those who have gone through 6 month+ timeline experiences for earlier visas where they had no choice but to apply by post.
Makes sense - the case worker having originals with them does make their job easier and quick.

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:44 pm

freedom34 wrote:UPDATE

I have received the approval letter from the Home Office today. Also received ceremony invitation letter from my local council as well.
freedom34,
Congratulations!
Hope you get your passport very soon.

freedom34

Post by freedom34 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:52 pm

shahfor wrote:

freedom34,
Congratulations!
Hope you get your passport very soon.
Shahfor, thank you.
After ceremony I will be applying for passport. Finally good news started for mid October applicants...

jonjr023

Post by jonjr023 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 am

Cousin D Timeline
Eligibility criteria: ( 5yrs + 1ILR )
Method of application: Postal
Date posted: 24/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25/1013,
Date of debit of fees:31/12/2013 this is due to unable to debit A/C, so new back info sent back to them.
Update:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 27/12/13 (Dated:20/12/13)
Date of receipt of approval: TBA
Finally its started moving

And finally its here !!!!
Eligibility criteria: ( 3 yrs spouse of BC)
Method of application: Postal
Date posted: 08/10/13
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/1013,
Date of debit of fees:30/10/13, (Dated Cleared: 05/11/2013)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 01/11/13, Dated: 30/10/13
Date of receipt of approval: 12/12/13 (Dated 07/12/13)
Update
Date of Ceremony:15/01/2014

WOW am so happy, Thanks to the almighty God
he knows best !!!
Last edited by jonjr023 on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

adil2009

Post by adil2009 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:24 am

Congratulation lucky mate . i applied 10th october and still awaiting for news. Hope we all get it soon .

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:55 am

@ dr_me @ apple02

Can you please use the "Post Reply" button at the bottom. You are using the "Quote" button, and your post are quoting the quote of the quote of the quote of the.................... It sucks. :roll:

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:37 am

adil2009 wrote:

Congratulation lucky mate . i applied 10th october and still awaiting for news. Hope we all get it soon .

Just received Approval letter today. Though it's Friday 13th but turned out good for me.
Applied on 21st October, impressed with this quick turnaround.
Awaiting for Ceremony letter to confirm date.
Happy Days

Good luck guys.
Zubair

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:04 pm

imran22 wrote:Good morning members

Exactly after 4 weeks of my appointment in NCS my credit card is showing a drop in balance this morning. I have not contacted UKBA at all because I could see what is happening on this forum and not wanted to call or email them unnecessarily just to hear that there is a delay of 4-7 weeks. Hopefully everybody else get their money deducted soon and also get the approval in time. My timeline is below.

Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier-1 + ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 15-10-2013
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Unknown (no tracking number provided)
Date of acknowledgment: TBA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 11-11-2013 (drop in balance and not appeared on transactions)
Date approval received: TBA
Date of ceremony: TBA

Hello members

Today is my happy day (Friday 13th) as I received my brown envelopes through. Below is my updated timeline

Eligibility criteria: HSMP + Tier-1 + ILR
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 15-10-2013
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: Unknown (no tracking number provided)
Date of acknowledgment: TBA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 11-11-2013 (drop in balance and not appeared on transactions)
Date approval received: 13-12-2013 (dated 07-12-2013)
Date of ceremony: TBA

Home office took 26 days since the fee was deducted to approve my application and I received it after 32 days of fee deduction.
I have done some stats based on October applicant’s timelines for others. I hope you find them useful and give some peace of mind.

Average time (Received – Approval): 4.9 days
Average time (Approval – Fee): 22.6 days
Average time (Received – Fee): 27.7 days

Max time (Received – Approval): 11 days
Max time (Approval – Fee): 49 days
Max time (Received – Fee): 57 days

Please note max time is based on applications approved so far for October applicant’s only. I am sure I have more questions for remaining process and I will be back. Please do ask if you have any questions

shak80

Post by shak80 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Today i spoke with leeds NCS, they are saying from today UKBA start looking applications for 18/10/13.

your application no will come after Xmas,

I applied on 30/10/13 no fees detected.

psuego
Newly Registered

Approved!

Post by psuego » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I asked for my passport to be returned for travelling, requested for 5th December 2013 and they sent it to me on the 10th dec. called home office on the 9th dec and the lady told me a letter has been posted on the 6th dec by 2nd class post, my passport came by special delivery but I had a feeling they sent my approval letter along with the passport. just when I thought I should stop worrying about the approval and start packing for my trip I received my brown envelope!!! Approval letter dated 6th dec 2013 received today 13th of dec.
so mid oct applicants don't lose hope U should be sorted out before the 18th December. Good luck to you all.

Applied: 15th Oct 2013
Criteria: non eea spouse of eea member
Nationality: Pakistan
Acknowledgment: 12 nov 2013
Approval: 13 dec 2013

14years

what a relief

Post by 14years » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:06 pm

it is a huge relief. I received my approval letter today. A lot of people have been enquiring about 15 months discretion on this forum. I received my ILR in June and it nearly took them few days short of 11 months to decide my ILR application, so i asked for that discretion to be used in my favour which they did. Also my case was a bit complicated, I was not sure whether my stay during the last 5 years will be considered as legal or not.

Anyway below is my time line

Application sent 07/10/2013
Fee taken 30/10/2013
Approval letter 13/12/2013 (dated 11/12/2013)