ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence / Eligibility for Naturalisation (AN)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chenna_kavi
Newly Registered

Absence / Eligibility for Naturalisation (AN)

Post by chenna_kavi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 am

Dear Sir,

Please advice regarding my eligibility for naturalisation.

I was granted ILR on 17th April, 2013. And I know the fact that I am eligible on 18th April, 2014.
I left UK for holiday on 19th August, 2013 and my return date is confirmed on 11th November, 2013.
A total of 84 days and I am aware that I am eligible for naturalisation as I am within 90days for
that year. I also have the idea that I have to show my residency period for a total of 5 years
which starts from 17th April, 2009 and during which I can be absent from UK for a total of 450 days
including my one year eligibility period. I submit that I am absent from UK
16/05/2009 - 12/07/2009 (57 days Absence)
14/07/2011 - 30/08/2011 (48 days Absence)
Hence, I have satisfied the residency rules physically.

Now, I am into some personal problems due to which I have to extend my stay another 3 to four months.
I now need the advise very badly that if I extend my holiday will I be still eligible for naturalisation.
Whatever the period I stay behind can I forward my date of application (for example);
instead of making it on 18th April, 2014 can I do it on 18th July, 2014 if I stay another 90 days behind.
I want to make my eligibility period from (18th July, 2013 to 18th July, 2014) for that one year. And
the rest 4years ( I will show my absences above mentioned 57, 48 and 84 days ).

Kindly please give valuable advice and let me know is there any techinical issues in it. Aforementioned,
can I do the way I thought and I am still eligible? Also, please advice will it be a problem if I am absent for six months.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 pm

The simple thing is, for calculating absenses for naturalisation, you count backwards.

So 12 months backward and see how many you have got.

Then once again count backwards 5 years and see how many total absenses.

The key here is, COUNTING BACKWARDS FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION..

Now you can do the maths. There is no catch. :lol: