ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting time of nationalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tariqul5000

waiting time of nationalization

Post by tariqul5000 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm

we got our ILR in october 2011 after that
applied for my and my wife's nationalization on 25th april 2013
home office received it and take money on 06/05/2013
acknowledgement letter revived at 15/05/2013

after that we are still waiting 6 month is gone( we use the nationality cheeking service )
now what can i do. .............

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Call them and check the status. The number should be available on the ack letter that they sent.

You can also send email and ask for the status.

NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:51 pm

tariqul5000: I also applied with my wife (joint application) on 8th of May 2013 so nearly 6 months and still haven't heard anything from the Home Office.

Got my MP involved 10 days ago. She spoke to the case worker and sent me a letter on Thursday which basically says that they are waiting for some external checks to come back and the application shouldn't take any longer.

My case is very straight forward but I think they randomly pick some applications for extra checks which take ages to complete as they get them done from an external company (this is also written on the letter I got from my MP).

Also, did you get your MP involved too ?