ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with British Citizenship but without British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ankit27
Newly Registered

Travel with British Citizenship but without British Passport

Post by ankit27 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 pm

I need some advice on correct visa for my daughter for coming back to UK.
Me and my wife have ILR so we applied for BC for my daughter who is born in UK. However BC got delayed and we had to travel to India before BC approval.
Now what is the best way to get my daughter back in UK?
she does not have ILR but has the BC.

Shall we file for Certificate of Entitlement to ROA or the British passport from India?
British passport takes 16 weeks and I am not sure about the visa status of my daughter after surrendering the Indian passport in India. so we are inclined to file for CoE to ROA but not sure if this will cause any problems while coming back.
Does anyone know if this will cause any issues?

Also the difference between the BC approval and our travel date will be more than 6 months. Will there be any fine required to pay to Indian authorities while coming back?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:46 am

A CoE takes around 4 weeks, it is more expensive than a British Passport. You shouldn't have issues entering the UK with one.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ban.s

Re: Travel with British Citizenship but without British Pass

Post by ban.s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:15 pm

ankit27 wrote:Also the difference between the BC approval and our travel date will be more than 6 months. Will there be any fine required to pay to Indian authorities while coming back?
You'll have to pay penalty for use of the passport for travel beyond the 3 month grace period. This is payable during the surrender of Indian passport when you choose to do so.

http://www.hcilondon.in/renunciation.html

expatinuk
Newly Registered

Re: Travel with British Citizenship but without British Pass

Post by expatinuk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm

ankit27 wrote: Shall we file for Certificate of Entitlement to ROA or the British passport from India?
British passport takes 16 weeks and I am not sure about the visa status of my daughter after surrendering the Indian passport in India. so we are inclined to file for CoE to ROA but not sure if this will cause any problems while coming back.
Does anyone know if this will cause any issues?
I used CoE to bring my daughter here. You shouldn't have any issues. It takes about 2 weeks to receive CoE (in Mumbai).