ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

expatinuk
Newly Registered

Passport Application - Questions

Post by expatinuk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:37 pm

I was naturalised in August and just got around to applying for my passport. In the field where it asks for 'Place of issue of naturalisation certificate' I wrote Leicester (place of ceremony) and the person at PO check and send refused to accept it, stating that the field should say 'Home Office London'. I then wrote in the 'More Information' field that the certificate was issued by HO London, but received at Leicester and sent the application myself without using check and send.

My questions: is the application valid, or should I be worried that it would be returned?
I see that IPS has received the post. When would I receive the ackowledgement from them?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:54 pm

The certificate very clearly states "Issued on the direction of the Secretary of State - Home Office London". Councils do not 'issue' citizenship certificates, they are merely third parties who deal with the official ceremony and hand out what they have received from HO.

I don't know or think if it will be a problem though, but may cause a slight delay, but may not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

expatinuk
Newly Registered

Post by expatinuk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks Char. I understand councils don't issue the certificates. But the certificate does not state 'Issued *at* Home Office, London', hence the confusion.

Has anyone here had a similar issue?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:45 am

Whatever you have written is fine. This is a non-issue. You will have your passport soon.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:51 am

You are not the first one who made this mistake. It will not affect the application.

expatinuk
Newly Registered

Post by expatinuk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks Ayyubi72 and Jambo. You have put my mind at rest.