ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Addresses for past five years!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Addresses for past five years!

Post by Needquickhelp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Dear Moderator / Guru,
I need your advice re addresses for past five years question 1.17 in the new Form AN.

I first arrived in the UK in March'2007 and received my ILR in May'2012. During this period I had 174 days continuous absences from the UK but during these 174 days I was residing at only one address in a foreign country.

Now I am planning to apply for my naturalisation and needed your advice for question 1.17 "Addresses for past five years". I had lived at 6 address so far in the UK and of which one of the address during the above 174 days was outside the UK. In this case do I have to provide the foreign address where I resided during these 174 days or for these 174 days should I still provide the UK address where I lived before leaving the UK and arriving back on 175th day as my UK bank account was still active and registered at the UK address while I was in the foreign country. See below table for reference.

1y.10months - UK address (latest)
2y.10months - UK address (previous)
0.9months - (2 months at UK address, rest at foreign address)
0.2months - UK address
0.8months - UK address
Total - 5.1 years.

Your earliest advice will be so much appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 pm

There is no problem putting down a overseas address.

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks for your swift response Jambo! Do you think my 174 days of continuous absence from the UK will come to question during my naturalisation application?

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 pm

Needquickhelp wrote:Thanks for your swift response Jambo! Do you think my 174 days of continuous absence from the UK will come to question during my naturalisation application?
I have applied on 5-oct with 140 absences continuously overseas address and I lived over 14 addresses inside UK all in all I got approval on 3rd November
I gave UK and overseas addresses. Try to be very transparent about your address.

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am

Great responses, thanks very much all for your inputs!