ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on certain sections of new Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:01 pm

Again if I can request moderators and gurus to advise on following queries please !!

Question 1.1 - Previous Immigration / UKBA reference numbers - Can this be ILR number i.e. number on the top right of the biometric ILR permit card or is there any other UKBA reference that needs to be referred here?

Section 1.17 - Addresses for the past five years - Since the present address from the date moved in is already provided for in question 1.16, does that mean and section 1.17 should provide all the addresses going backwards from present address up to 5 years from the application date or should section 1.17 include present address again as there will be no TO date for present address !!

Section 1.21 - Should this be kept blank to opt by default for ceremony at the present local authority area.

Section 1.22 - Is the Life in the UK test number same as the Test Instance ID printed on the top right of the Life in the UK test pass certificate?

Section 5.2 - Can a Manager at an overseas nationalised bank (non UK) bank and a non British citizen qualify as a person with professional standing to act as one of the referee. Also by doing so, will it delay the HO decision process assuming they will have to make an enquiry with this overseas referee and also check their criminal etc records at their residing country.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Question 1.1 - Previous Immigration / UKBA reference numbers - Can this be ILR number i.e. number on the top right of the biometric ILR permit card or is there any other UKBA reference that needs to be referred here?

Find a letter that came from UKBA. This letter will have a ref no. Mention this number. If you still can't work it out, leave it blank.

Section 1.17 - Addresses for the past five years - Since the present address from the date moved in is already provided for in question 1.16, does that mean and section 1.17 should provide all the addresses going backwards from present address up to 5 years from the application date or should section 1.17 include present address again as there will be no TO date for present address !!

Do it either way, does not make a difference.

Section 1.21 - Should this be kept blank to opt by default for ceremony at the present local authority area.

Default is blank.

Section 1.22 - Is the Life in the UK test number same as the Test Instance ID printed on the top right of the Life in the UK test pass certificate?

Yes

Section 5.2 - Can a Manager at an overseas nationalised bank (non UK) bank and a non British citizen qualify as a person with professional standing to act as one of the referee. Also by doing so, will it delay the HO decision process assuming they will have to make an enquiry with this overseas referee and also check their criminal etc records at their residing country.

Better find someone in UK. Why complicate matters.

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks Ayyubi72. Regarding section 5.2 - As per Annex A to Chapter 6, Referees: List of acceptable professional persons they mentioned a " Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company) " can be one of the professional referee. Does this mean I can request my manager in the UK to be the referee. for I work for a Limited company which is also VAT registered.

n0mi
Newly Registered

Post by n0mi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:22 pm

What about section 2.4 ? I am ( non EEA ) family member of EEA national

Its confusing '' please state on what basics you were in united kingdom...''

whose details going in that section ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Queries on certain sections of new Form AN

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:36 pm

Needquickhelp wrote: Does this mean I can request my manager in the UK to be the referee. for I work for a Limited company which is also VAT registered.
Yes. You sure can.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 pm

n0mi wrote:What about section 2.4 ? I am ( non EEA ) family member of EEA national

Its confusing '' please state on what basics you were in united kingdom...''

whose details going in that section ?
Will you be kind enough to start your own thread? Also mention if you got PR after a successful eea4 application in past.

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Re: Queries on certain sections of new Form AN

Post by Needquickhelp » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:
Needquickhelp wrote: Does this mean I can request my manager in the UK to be the referee. for I work for a Limited company which is also VAT registered.
Yes. You sure can.
Thanks Ayyubi.