ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application: Debit Card Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirzanaseer79

Naturalisation Application: Debit Card Issue

Post by mirzanaseer79 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Hi,

My friend applied for Naturalisation on 17 Dec 2013 via NCS, and paid his fees using his Debit Card.
But, unfortunately, he got a phone call from his bank confirming that, someone tried to use his card detail for purchasing, and they blocked and sending him a replacement card.

He contacted the NCS Eastliegh, the guy said, he needed to wait till Home Office fail to draw fee for his application, then they will contact the applicant for the fees could not be collected and then he need to make alternate arrangement for fee.

I was not sure about this, as I believe, thier should be other ways, by either sending a Postal Order or Cheque or New Card details for Fees.

Do anyone have any experience on similar situation?
If yes, which address he need to send?

Any help on this would appreciateable.

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:54 pm

NCS were right. Wait for HO reply. If you send in the fee, it might just get lost.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

shahfor

Re: Naturalisation Application: Debit Card Issue

Post by shahfor » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:39 am

mirzanaseer79 wrote:Hi,

My friend applied for Naturalisation on 17 Dec 2013 via NCS, and paid his fees using his Debit Card.
But, unfortunately, he got a phone call from his bank confirming that, someone tried to use his card detail for purchasing, and they blocked and sending him a replacement card.

He contacted the NCS Eastliegh, the guy said, he needed to wait till Home Office fail to draw fee for his application, then they will contact the applicant for the fees could not be collected and then he need to make alternate arrangement for fee.

I was not sure about this, as I believe, thier should be other ways, by either sending a Postal Order or Cheque or New Card details for Fees.

Do anyone have any experience on similar situation?
If yes, which address he need to send?

Any help on this would appreciateable.

Regards
Hi,
I've read a few similar cases before. It seems in such a situation you just have to wait to receive HO's response and this won't delay the case that much.
Good luck.