ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NOG
Member of Standing

Form AN

Post by NOG » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Item 1.1 of Form AN asks for previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference numbers.

Is this the 9 character and digit number on my ILR BRP Card - RC91XXXXX?

Or.. am I supposed to leave this empty?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:06 pm

You can leave it blank, it is not necessary to fill it in at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:05 pm

For the record, what the HO are looking for there is the case reference number from any previous application you have made along your route to citizenship. When you made a previous application for a visa or for ILR, it would have been on any letter that you received from the HO regarding it.

As mentioned above, though, leaving this blank will not cause any issues.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Thank you for this.

Some other thick questions I had regarding the form are -

1.17 - Address of the last five years - Between the end of October 2012 until March 2013 I was out of the UK and had vacated the property I was renting. What shall I do in this case? If I specify an overseas address, does it not give the impression that I was not intending to live in the UK?

1.22 - Do I check both the boxes for (i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English? and (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada)?
I have a BSc (Hons) degree from a UK university.

6.5 - I am not providing a photocopy of a spouse's's passport - do I cross the corresponding box or leave it blank?

6.7 "I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstance ......in my case to fulfill them. " - It says delete if not applicable - By delete I assume I place a cross in the corresponding box and not actually cross over and delete the paragraph 6.7?

Thanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:21 am

NOG wrote:Thank you for this.

Some other thick questions I had regarding the form are -

1.17 - Address of the last five years - Between the end of October 2012 until March 2013 I was out of the UK and had vacated the property I was renting. What shall I do in this case? If I specify an overseas address, does it not give the impression that I was not intending to live in the UK?

1.22 - Do I check both the boxes for (i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English? and (ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada)?
I have a BSc (Hons) degree from a UK university.

6.5 - I am not providing a photocopy of a spouse's's passport - do I cross the corresponding box or leave it blank?

6.7 "I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe that, in view of the following special circumstance ......in my case to fulfill them. " - It says delete if not applicable - By delete I assume I place a cross in the corresponding box and not actually cross over and delete the paragraph 6.7?

Thanks
Hi,

I have the same queries as above !

Please advise

Thanks

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:19 pm

In addition to the questions above, 2.1 of the form asks for date and place of first arrival in the UK. Page 7 of the guide states that this must be the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis.
I am confused by this since I first came to the UK in Jan 2002 on a student visa - does this (student visa) count as a view with staying in the UK on a long-term basis?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

VR

Put the date when you first landed in UK

Post by VR » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:25 pm

If you landed at heathrow put London, If you arrived at Edinburgh mention that.

Where your stay has not been continuous since you first arrived and if you have applied for BC after your second arrival, you can put the date you arrived the second time and continued to get your ccitizenship.

cheers
vr

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: Put the date when you first landed in UK

Post by NOG » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:37 pm

VR wrote: Where your stay has not been continuous since you first arrived and if you have applied for BC after your second arrival, you can put the date you arrived the second time and continued to get your ccitizenship.
cheers
vr
I got my ILR in 2012 based on 10 years long residence from my first arrival to the UK in 2002, so I assume that it is safe to put Jan 2002 as the date of first arrival in to the UK?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Put the date when you first landed in UK

Post by Babajee85 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:42 pm

NOG wrote:
VR wrote: Where your stay has not been continuous since you first arrived and if you have applied for BC after your second arrival, you can put the date you arrived the second time and continued to get your ccitizenship.
cheers
vr
I got my ILR in 2012 based on 10 years long residence from my first arrival to the UK in 2002, so I assume that it is safe to put Jan 2002 as the date of first arrival in to the UK?
please can someone explain about the given points :

Thanks

forbc123

Post by forbc123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 pm

6.5 - is your application joint? or applying as single? that actually decides what can you do with that check box

6.7 - just leave it for now and follow what NCS says I did same better not write unless some one confirms it

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Babajee85 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:32 am

forbc123 wrote:6.5 - is your application joint? or applying as single? that actually decides what can you do with that check box

6.7 - just leave it for now and follow what NCS says I did same better not write unless some one confirms it
Thanks for your reply.

Applying as single.
I will leave both un-checked..Right ?

VR

Of course Babajee85

Post by VR » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 am

But dont forget to check the box ''Ready to Mingle''.
VR
Christmas time!! Time to Jingle!! :lol:

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am

I had the same query about section 6.7. Ncs lady told me to leave it as it is.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 pm

forbc123 wrote:6.5 - is your application joint? or applying as single? that actually decides what can you do with that check box
My application is a single application for myself so that means I place a cross in the corresponding box for 6.5 .. Is that right