ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Identity used for Life in the UK test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhossan100

Identity used for Life in the UK test

Post by bhossan100 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

Hello
I need your help here. For my life in the UK test I used Driving Licence as Identity proof and got Indefinite leave on 28/12/12. I applied for Naturalisation (AN Form) on 30/12/13 and used my Passport as Identity proof. I forgot to include my driving licence with this application. Do you think it will be a big issue. As per guidance, home office expect us to use the same ID as used for Life in the UK test.
Thanks in advance

trend
Newly Registered

Re: Identity used for Life in the UK test

Post by trend » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:48 pm

The requirement is that you include the ID used for the LiUK test but there isn't much you can do at the moment. Just wait for your application to be registered on their system (usually happens after the fees have been deducted) and wait for them to request for the missing document. It might get lost in a big black hole if you send it now without waiting for them to ask for it.

They should not reject your application for not including this document, the worst case scenario is that it will take a few extra days for this document to be requested and verified.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 pm

bhossan100 wrote:Hello
I need your help here. For my life in the UK test I used Driving Licence as Identity proof and got Indefinite leave on 28/12/12. I applied for Naturalisation (AN Form) on 30/12/13 and used my Passport as Identity proof. I forgot to include my driving licence with this application. Do you think it will be a big issue. As per guidance, home office expect us to use the same ID as used for Life in the UK test.
Thanks in advance
You did the right thing by not submitting your driving license. If you used your LiUK test cert to gain ILR, then you do not need to send the doc used to pass LiUK test. Basically once LiUK is used for ILR, then it is the end of story for LiUK cert and anything connected with it. Only thing that needs to be done is tick in the box on for AN.

Just for your peace of mind, I recently got naturalised and never submitted DL which I used for LiUK test. Exactly the same for my friend who submiited application same day as myself. He got approved too without questions.

bhossan100

Post by bhossan100 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 am

Hi Friend
Many thanks for sharing your valuable experience. This was my understanding too. But after reading your reply feel relieved now.

4search
Newly Registered

Post by 4search » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Hi bhossan100. just wondering if you can let me know what was implication of missing driving licence in naturalisation application. Did you have to send that or it was not required. I have done same mistake. How long it took for your application?

will be kind to hear from you.

Thansk

4search
Newly Registered

Post by 4search » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:42 pm

bhossan100 wrote:Hello
Thanks in advance
Hi bhossan100. just wondering if you can let me know what was implication of missing driving licence in naturalisation application. Did you have to send that or it was not required. I have done same mistake. How long it took for your application?

will be kind to hear from you.

Thansk

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:43 am

Hi,
My passport is Home Office and I don't have any sort of proof ID with me.How can I do Life in the UK test ?
can I asked a certify copy of my passport from Home office and use it for Life in the UK test ?

please advised