ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Documents for Naturalisation application

Post by Needquickhelp » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Dear Moderator and Guru,
Understand UKBA has already laid out the list of documents to support naturalisation application, however i hear from various sources that this is not a complete list. Please can you help with advising complete list of documents of documents to be carried at NCS for naturalisation application.

Just so you know, I will be applying for naturalisation based on completion of more than 12 months from the ILR and i was issued ILR based on 5 years of continuous stay on work permit. However during the past 5 years i have 214 absences from the UK and less than 90 days in past 12 months.

Also will there be a problem if i am switching jobs while naturalisation application is under progress? Or shall i wait until i join my new job as they ask for employer details. But if i wait and not apply before 25th March, then i will have to wait until Sep'14 as 5 years ago i was not in the country between April'09 and August'09. This absence from UK was related to business related, do you think during my naturalisation application they will ask for any document from employer related to this absence; as during my ILR application they did not ask me for any reason for these circa 170+ days at a straight absence.

Your advice on above queries will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Heisgood

Re: Documents for Naturalisation application

Post by Heisgood » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 pm

My friend forget various sources Naturalisation is probably easier than ILR in my opinion and experience. Just read through the requirements and as long as you meet the requirements apply with confidence. Yes you can change jobs as you see fit. This link on the forum will help you. Pay attention also to the good character requirements.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks dear and i have gone through all the UKBA guidelines and documents list; but i couldn't locate anywhere regarding bank statements or salary slips etc, but from my known sources they were asked for these documents hence thought i will clarify as which all documents are worth carry to NCS. I would prefer as exhaustive list as possible please. thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Needquickhelp wrote:from my known sources
so I suggest you check with your sources as you will not find them listed on the HO documents.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Well I am getting various inputs from various sources, hence requesting you all respected gurus to guide as what all documents shall I carry for my naturalisation application. I am sure based on your experiences you will be able to advice on the list of documents.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 am

My experience tells me to provide the docuemtns you are asked for. Have you read the application form? The last page lists the supporting evidence required. You don't need to provide evidence not listed there.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Needquickhelp
Newly Registered

Post by Needquickhelp » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:20 am

Sure. Thanks very much.