ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Month Company Director

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

19eggs

10 Month Company Director

Post by 19eggs » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 am

Dear all,

I hope you all are doing well.

Just a quick clarification(s) from you all.

I am about to apply for my BC (meant to do it in Jan) and in the application form (AN) I can't find Section 7. I am to assume that I am to send the tax details if I am self employed.

I was under payee (through an umbrella company) till April 2013. From May 2013, started my own company (VAT registered) and have not yet filed my Tax return but pay VAT quarterly. I spoke to my accountant and she tells me I am not self employed rather a Director and an employee (I get paid every month..£650) so does my wife who is also employed by my company.

Now does Section 7 relate to me ? If it does then what should my accountant do ? She has asked me all my invoices since May 2013 till date so she can make a statement of earnings and expected Tax return.

Also, my accountant is one of the referee. Does she need to put her ACCA number ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

mianrmm

Re: 10 Month Company Director

Post by mianrmm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:28 pm

HI There,

I am in the same boat as yourself,

Worked as a full time employee but started my own limited company (VAT Registered) in Aug 2013 and have not any Tax returns so far. but paying VAT every quarterly.

My accountant also saying i am not self-Employed and comes under director and Employed. But we do have our UTR number on which we have to file self assessment once its due.

I am also taking tax free salary allowance along with my wife who is also company employee.

Waiting for some feedback from gurus as well

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:34 pm

There seems to be less information about situations like us. I tried to contact the Home Office and after each option it says everything can be found on the website http://www.gov.uk and gets disconnected.

How frustrating!!

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 pm

19eggs wrote:There seems to be less information about situations like us. I tried to contact the Home Office and after each option it says everything can be found on the website http://www.gov.uk and gets disconnected.

How frustrating!!
Yes you are right, but there is another option for us,

As we are taking tax free Salary every month, we need to submit the self assessment statement. Work around i can understand is we along with out wife takes more salary for few months and pay Tax & NI , this way we can will come under this category as mentioned in t his post.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1006763
Update on my case :

The NCS representative stricked off the UTR from my application form. She said, simple rule of thumb is - as far as the company is paying tax on my behalf, I am not self-employed and she doesn't need my self assessment statement.

Hope this helps someone else who are in similar situation.
We can show from these 2 months salary slips that our LTD company is paying Tax and NI , so we do not need self assessment statement

I hope some guru can through some light on this approach.

MianSB

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Very strange. I will be booking an appointment with Camden Council soon and ask for directions. Will let you know what they say.