ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MunchkinMoo
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by MunchkinMoo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:18 pm

**FINAL UPDATE -APPROVAL**
Eligibility criteria: 5 YEAR ANCESTRAL VISA + 1YR ILR
Language criteria met: LIFE IN UK AND IELTS ACADEMIC
Method of application: NCS
Council name: EDINBURGH
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07/06/2014
Approval Date: 05/09/2014
Date approval received: 13/09/2014
Date of ceremony: Will book on Monday

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE - just so you know, I called the 0300 number yesterday 12/09/14 and was told my app was still being processed.... My approval letter was however dated 05/09 and received today...little odd :-s .....

Guchi
Newly Registered

Post by Guchi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:23 pm

Excellent news!! Got my approval today, so happy and thankful to God. Its been a long wait. So so happy whoa whoa!!

[quote="Guchi"]Eligibility criteria: 10 year long residence + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met (UK Degree and LIUK test)
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Lambeth
Date of application: 20 May 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees:04 June 2014
Date approval received: 13 Sept, letter dated 03 Sept.
Date of ceremony: 01 October

All the best to all May applicants still waiting.. this forum has been great,

KPROCKS
Newly Registered

Post by KPROCKS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:24 am

Hi All

I have been keeping a keen eye on this forum for the last month or so. I applied on 28th May (NCS- Milton Keynes) and got my approval letter and ceremony invite yesterday on 13th September (HSMP 5 yrs + 1 yr ILR). Hope this will be a bit of interest to all of you. Best of luck to all!!!!!!

Note- My application got to the Home office on 2nd June and payment was cleared on 9th June. I have never had any points on my license or any other kind of trouble with anything what so ever.

Be patient!!!!

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Updated sheets guys... Good luck who are waiting... won't be long now I hope
Attachments
Sheet18_2.PNG
Sheet18_2.PNG (163.75 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Sheet18_1.PNG
Sheet18_1.PNG (159.88 KiB) Viewed 2063 times

saeumair

Post by saeumair » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:47 am

Any Luck with anyone getting Naturlization for kids back ??

Its been 9 weeks for me

Hi

Just like to get some idea of the time scales of my child registration's or naturalisation

I will put my details of submission of the naturalisation:

Got ILR for me and my wife on 12th June
Child born : 7th June
Submitted application for child on 28th June
Money taken out of account on 8th JUne
Council name if NCS used: Edinburgh Council

I have received the letter from UKBA to say its under progress and thats it

Any ideas why its taking so long ?

thanks

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:14 am

saeumair wrote:Any Luck with anyone getting Naturlization for kids back ??

Its been 9 weeks for me

Hi

Just like to get some idea of the time scales of my child registration's or naturalisation

I will put my details of submission of the naturalisation:

Got ILR for me and my wife on 12th June
Child born : 7th June
Submitted application for child on 28th June
Money taken out of account on 8th JUne
Council name if NCS used: Edinburgh Council

I have received the letter from UKBA to say its under progress and thats it

Any ideas why its taking so long ?

thanks
I did apply for my kid 21/05/12 and Rcv 19/06/12
Kid they give not any offense. So it's should not take too long.

mbegu
Newly Registered

Post by mbegu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:47 pm

ieroglif wrote:
mbegu wrote:hi guys,

Eligibility criteria: 6 years student visa + 2 year tier 1 visa + 2 year spouce + 1 year ilr
Language criteria met: life in UK test + bachelor degree +ielts
Current nationality: Russian
Method of application: via next day special delivery post
Council name if NCS used: n/a
Date of application: 8th may 2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 9th may 2014
Date of acknowledgement: middle of may 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: end of MAy 2014
Date approval received: waiting ....
Date of ceremony: waiting ....

i'm getting really nervous now... people after me and before me are receiving their approvals.. i have also posted the application myself with all my document originals and really need things to come back to me soon as i have a big holiday booked in December!
Apparently there is nothing to worry about. I was told by an immigration lawyer that Russian applications take longer (4 months +) because of the bureaucracy in Russia. And it is always the case, not even due to the current situation...
sorry dont think thats a fair point, there is not more corruption in Russian then other countries who's nationals are applying for nationalization. plus i really dont see why that would even be an issue since i have lived there for 11 years from a young age, all my education, employment and references are UK based.

mbegu
Newly Registered

Post by mbegu » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:54 pm

whats confusing is that application are not being granted in chronological order... some applicants from start of may are still waiting while some applicant end of may are receiving theirs. how do they keep track of their 6 month guideline if applications are not being deal with in the order they are received in?

romford1
Newly Registered

Post by romford1 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Called 0300 number on 29th of August and was told will get a decision within 2 weeks, its been well over 2 weeks now, called them again on 12th and was told a little bit more wait!
what else can I do.......

Judging by other people who have called HO for updates, Call centre database is not the most reliable and is updated randomly.

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 am

Hello people,

I had pledged that I won't ring the HO to check my wife's application status till we are near the 6 month deadline but after seeing a few late May approvals come through, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore and rang them this morning.

It was about a 10 mins wait to speak to someone even though the average waiting time was announced to be 4 minutes. Anyways the customer services agent confirmed that they are looking at the applicaion but haven't made a decision yet but should expect to hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks (which can be taken with a pinch of salt). I did double check that he had the correct correspondence address for us as I didn't want to end up in a situation similar to one of our fellow applicants who had correspondence sent to their previous address.

Shaheen, you may add me in your next update to your wonderful tracker spreadsheet.

All the best everyone as I dread to think how long the next 2 steps (ceremony and passport are going to take at this rate)
rahim_dad wrote:Hello everyone,

My wife has applied for BC and here are the details:

Eligibility criteria: 2 yr + ILR (British spouse)
Method of application: NCS Hounslow
Date of application: 28/05/2014
Date of Debit of fees from bank account (used debit card): 02/06/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06/06/2014 (letter dated 30/05/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: eagerly awaited
Date of Ceremony: awaited

We are concerned that the application is taking too long but are a little relieved that some of our other fellow applicants on this forum are also waiting for their approvals unfortunately

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:26 am

Application date May 14th

After I saw a number of successful applications here I gave them a call to see if my status of 'Under consideration' has progressed to ' Assigned to case worker' if there is any such term, the representative on the phone said me it is still under consideration but it has progressed.. so I asked him.... has this been assigned to case worker..? he said.. NO..but some caseworker is working and status is 'under consideration' This has been the case for a long while.. but he kept saying it has moved and he said you will hear in few weeks..

Can some tell me what is he trying to say ? :shock:

rahim_dad

Post by rahim_dad » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 am

I am guessing that:

Under Consideration = UKBA have your application

Case worker assigned = UKBA has actually opened the application form and started looking at it

Am trying to be optimistic :) even though its hard with UKBA
IndiMarshall wrote:Application date May 14th

After I saw a number of successful applications here I gave them a call to see if my status of 'Under consideration' has progressed to ' Assigned to case worker' if there is any such term, the representative on the phone said me it is still under consideration but it has progressed.. so I asked him.... has this been assigned to case worker..? he said.. NO..but some caseworker is working and status is 'under consideration' This has been the case for a long while.. but he kept saying it has moved and he said you will hear in few weeks..

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:48 am

From reading loads of posts I think the call centre guys dont have any access to what the application status is

they can only see when you applied and address etc - if its over 6 months they might take your contact details and request someone to call you but for anything before 6 months is a standard answer " Under consideration "

Husssain79
Newly Registered

Post by Husssain79 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:19 pm

applied on 19th May and still waiting :shock:

called home office last week and was told that under process but cannot tell me if it was allocated to a case worker or not so I guess HO is definitely not sync with the call centre, below is a link which might clear why the are delaying the applications.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29209396

hope we will hear good news soon!

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:06 pm

rahim_dad wrote:I am guessing that:

Under Consideration = UKBA have your application

Case worker assigned = UKBA has actually opened the application form and started looking at it

Am trying to be optimistic :) even though its hard with UKBA

This is what I think so ..but he says its not assigned to case worker.. Thanks anyway

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:08 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:From reading loads of posts I think the call centre guys dont have any access to what the application status is

they can only see when you applied and address etc - if its over 6 months they might take your contact details and request someone to call you but for anything before 6 months is a standard answer " Under consideration "

Hi MB how have you been :lol: :lol:

Also I think there is no such term as Assinged to case worker.. as told to many other applicants here... for another month I wont be worried.. hope we will hear soon..

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Indi

the most annoying thing about this is no information sharing, just tell me its in progress and will be processed last week of 6 months and I will be happy

but if you say ( Under consideration = I dont know )

that frustrates me
IndiMarshall wrote:
MonkeyBusiness wrote:From reading loads of posts I think the call centre guys dont have any access to what the application status is

Hi MB how have you been :lol: :lol:

Also I think there is no such term as Assinged to case worker.. as told to many other applicants here... for another month I wont be worried.. hope we will hear soon..

ian83
Newly Registered

Post by ian83 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Phoned today and have been told the letter with decision has been sent yesterday but fellow on the phone was not able to tell me if I got my naturalisation or not??? :( really worried now .... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:47 pm

at least its on its way :)
ian83 wrote:Phoned today and have been told the letter with decision has been sent yesterday but fellow on the phone was not able to tell me if I got my naturalisation or not??? :( really worried now .... :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :(

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:58 pm

I can see some approvals in June and very few in july but most of the applications from June and July are pending

and there is no order on how they process applications its completely random
Husssain79 wrote:applied on 19th May and still waiting :shock:

called home office last week and was told that under process but cannot tell me if it was allocated to a case worker or not so I guess HO is definitely not sync with the call centre, below is a link which might clear why the are delaying the applications.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29209396

hope we will hear good news soon!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:05 pm

One thing is for sure, I won't call them till my 6 months wait is over and if I still don't hear from them then I'll sure let them know their worth. It'd be an interesting conversation and will largely be one sided.
Goodluck.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 am

MonkeyBusiness wrote:Hi Indi

the most annoying thing about this is no information sharing, just tell me its in progress and will be processed last week of 6 months and I will be happy

but if you say ( Under consideration = I dont know )

that frustrates me

Absolutely.. Ever since the applicaion reaches them it stays 'under consideraton' so what is the use of help line? Nothing..

I read here from one of the poster.. when he called helpline.. they said it is under consideration and it reached his postbox the next day.. so the systems are not even updated. :roll: :roll:

musto
Newly Registered

Post by musto » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:52 am

Aaaarrgh. I feel like I should curse the HO, there's only so long you can wait before you start to give up.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:23 am

let hope we don't have to wait the full 6 month
[iD] wrote:One thing is for sure, I won't call them till my 6 months wait is over and if I still don't hear from them then I'll sure let them know their worth. It'd be an interesting conversation and will largely be one sided.

waitingobserver

Post by waitingobserver » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:57 am

with 91616 Views. May time line is the most viewed timeline.

Congratulations on that everyone. :roll:

Meanwhile we're still waiting for the approval.

"sometimes you wait for something for so long you start hating it" Waitingobserver