ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

: What do I do :NATURALIZATION or PR - Conviction Issues

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oraake

: What do I do :NATURALIZATION or PR - Conviction Issues

Post by oraake » Tue May 13, 2014 11:56 am

Hi everyone,

This is my issue and I need some advice please.

WHAT I WANT TO DO- I wish to apply for NATURALIZATION.

ISSUE/SITUATION - I am a NON EEA National and have been married 6 years to my wife. I got married in 2008 and my RC was issued in JAN 2010 and expires in JAN 2015 I am aware I am able to apply for NATURALIZATION as it is. However, having read the threads on here and the AN Guidance notes. I am not sure how to proceed.
I got caught speeding and due family issues and a bereavement I was unable to attend the Speed awareness course i was offered and got convicted at a Magistrate court and fined £180. This was in March 2014.
Though i have explained to my employers that I already have my PR (automatically- though it's not stamped on my passport), I see a problem in the nearest future if I do not get the stamp showing PR on y passport.

MY VIEW - Though it states on the AN Guidance notes that the HO will normally disregard offences/convictions resulting in small fines, but i hear this is only a discretion and is totally dependent on the caseworker. Able commentators and moderators here have also mentioned that it is most likely such applications get refused.

WHAT I NEED ADVISE ON: Following the new laws in March 2014, will the conviction (FINE issued) become spent after 1 year or is the "Almighty" HO still sticking to the 3 year wait period for this sentence threshold?

Am I better off applying for the PR sticker to be put on my passport for now ?

Do I have a glimmer of hope applying successfully considering the circumstances?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: : What do I do :NATURALIZATION or PR - Conviction Issues

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 1:19 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

oraake

Post by oraake » Tue May 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Thank you for that quick response Amber.

Are you please able to let me know your thoughts about applying for the PR?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Such a conviction should have no bearing on your right to reside.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.