ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A couple of questions regarding Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afridi786
Newly Registered

A couple of questions regarding Naturalisation

Post by afridi786 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi Guru's
I need your help please, I got my ILR on 10 Years route on 01.02.2014. My question is that when can I apply? my friend told me I can only apply on or after 01.02.2015 as this is not like a visa that you can apply 28 days before.

Also what documents do I need? I have UK degree and LIK Test that I used last year?

Many Thanks

Appreciate your Answer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: A couple of questions regarding Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I have split your post from where you posted. Pls in future try not to hijack other threads and rather start you own topic.

There is no '28 days before' rule for citizenship. You have to hold ILR for the full 12 months, unless married to a British Citizen.
Also what documents do I need? I have UK degree and LIK Test that I used last year?
Have you read through Form AN and the AN guidance notes? Also a search of the forum will help.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.