ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February-2015 Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anglianviking
Newly Registered

Re: February-2015 Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by anglianviking » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Your application timeline and mine are very similar, I applied on 13th Feb and received my Ack letter on 25th Feb dated 19 feb and we both are still waiting for the approvals. I suppose, Feb applicants are on back burner for now and they are concentrating more on March applicants.

Yes seems that way, but its just a shame as they should concentrate from point of acknowledgement rather than starting new applicants. Wouldn't be surprise if my application was at the bottom of one of their drawers ! But anyway fingers cross, its a nightmare as I'm still waiting to be able to travel !

farmer
Newly Registered

Post by farmer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:48 pm

anglianviking wrote:
Your application timeline and mine are very similar, I applied on 13th Feb and received my Ack letter on 25th Feb dated 19 feb and we both are still waiting for the approvals. I suppose, Feb applicants are on back burner for now and they are concentrating more on March applicants.

Yes seems that way, but its just a shame as they should concentrate from point of acknowledgement rather than starting new applicants. Wouldn't be surprise if my application was at the bottom of one of their drawers ! But anyway fingers cross, its a nightmare as I'm still waiting to be able to travel !
Why so? Don't you have your Malaysian Passport on you or did you send original with your application?

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:04 pm

Mohrru wrote:Eligibility criteria: EEA National (Poland), >9 yrs in the UK, no PR card (I couldn't be bothered applying for a superfluous document)
Language criteria: Life in the UK+ ESOL
Method of application: NCS Manchester (no NCS in Northern Ireland)
Date of application: 16/02/2015
Date of receipt by UKVI: 17/02/2015
Date of debit of fees: 20/02/2015
Date of receipt of approval: 18.04.2015 (dated 09.04.)
Date of Ceremony: TBD, hopefully before the election :)
Congratulations
British Citizen

bevboz58
Newly Registered

Re: April -2015 Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by bevboz58 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:47 pm

My Turkish husband applied almost 4 weeks ago, we have had confirmation letter saying they have received payment, but the money is still in my bank account. We go on holiday 13 june. Can we ask for our passport to be returned ? We booked the holiday before we applied.

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Applied on 16th Feb, receive ack letter on 25th Feb. No news since then. :(

The wait is killing me.

farmer
Newly Registered

Post by farmer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

mavdi wrote:Applied on 16th Feb, receive ack letter on 25th Feb. No news since then. :(

The wait is killing me.
It is indeed very stressing to be hanging in the middle of nowhere, most of feb applicants are waiting, only few lucky ones got theirs approved within a month or 2. Looks like we gotta wait long time before we can get our decisions.

sps
Newly Registered

Post by sps » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Eligibility Criteria : 5 Years EEA & 1 year pr
Language Criteria : B1 cefr & Life in UK
Date of Application : 10/02/2015 through NCS
Date UKVI received application 11/02/15
Date of fees deducted : 17/02/15
Date of Acknowledgement : 21/02/15 dared 16/02/15
Date of Approval : Waiting :(
Date of Ceremony : I think have to wait long

My friend who has applied via post & had the same criteria as me applied on 16/02/15 received his acknowledgement on 21/02/15, received approval on 04/03/15 dated 27/02/15. He has already got his British passport. whereas I am still waiting and few other unlucky ones . I am tired of waiting . Anymore February applicants still waiting ?

123sandra123x
Newly Registered

Post by 123sandra123x » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:00 am

I am waiting since 3rd of December lol waiting and waiting and waiting every single day for the post man with brown envelopes :D :D :D I would love that one of HO case workers would login to this forum and would explain in English whats happening and why some people has to wait months and months and some of them gets their approvals in a weeks... But I guess its not gonna happen and no one will be able to give proper answers to similar questions... :? :? :?

bestshow

Post by bestshow » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:04 pm

AliceD wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: EEA National ( Romania ) exercising treaty rights (4 yrs student + 2 1/2 yrs work) , no PR card
Language criteria met: Life in the UK Test & UK Bachelor's degree certificate
Method of application: NCS Southwark
Date of Application: 29th Jan 15
Date of receipt by UKBA: don't know
Date of debit of fees: 2nd Feb 15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: not completely sure, around 6th Feb
Date of receipt of approval: 16th April 15 (letter dated 13th April)
Date of Ceremony: 26th May 15 (was offered closer dates but wasn't available for them)

I also got a letter 24th Feb asking for extra proof of comprehensive health insurance while I was a student. I had only sent them a UK Ehic card as per the NCS's instructions. I further sent back the extra proof on 11th March. So maybe having all documents might have sped things up, but still good enough time I think at 2 months and a half.

Have applied at the same time with my fiance but on separate single applications, but all communication from Home Office came in just one letter for both of us.

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted here as I've been following the thread quite closely sometimes, and hope that my info might be helpful to someone else!
Cingratulations
British Citizen

syb007
Newly Registered

Post by syb007 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 am

Applied on 02 Feb 2015, Spouse of British National (ILR+1yr)..... no news yet.
Should I give a call to HO and check or there is no point in calling?

vajed
Newly Registered

Post by vajed » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 am

update:

RECEIVED BROWN LETTER OF CONFIRMATION DATED 11 APRIL
Applied on 6th February
vajed wrote:Applied 6th February through checking service
Acknowledgement feb 14
Received letter on March 1 asking for missing passport which was lost, so provided lost report and copies of travelling documents with boarding passes.

Still waiting ............

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:37 am

Congratulations, bro. We're still waiting. Applied on 14th of Feb.

captainus83
Newly Registered

Post by captainus83 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:41 am

Waiting Since 20th Feb 2015 -
1.5 years Tier2 + 3.5 Years Tier 1 + 1 Year ILR

I Applied via NCS Reading -
Date Applied - 20-02-2015
Date Acknowledgment letter - 28-02-2015 ( dated 26-02-2015)
Date Approval Letter -
Date Ceremony -

My case has been very straight forward and still haven't received Approval. They also did a mistake and sent my Ack letter to wrong address (on same post code there are flats and building but they always (my son application) do same mistake and send it to flat). I purposefully put down a note in the application with help of NCS guy to make sure they send it to right address but they didn't. so i called them to update the address. two weeks later, received a call and the guy on the phone confirmed he has the right address and he will make sure this time communication will be sent to right address ( but can you believe?)

I dont get what is up with them and why they are taking so long. I have plans to fly US this summer and i was counting on this. is anyone facing unnecessary delays who applied same time? I saw some post who received in 14-21 days , applied same time or little after.

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:03 am

captainus83 wrote:Waiting Since 20th Feb 2015 -

Date Approval Letter -
Date Ceremony -

My case has been very straight forward and still haven't received Approval. They also did a mistake and sent my Ack letter to wrong address (on same post code there are flats and building but they always (my son application) do same mistake and send it to flat). I purposefully put down a note in the application with help of NCS guy to make sure they send it to right address but they didn't. so i called them to update the address. two weeks later, received a call and the guy on the phone confirmed he has the right address and he will make sure this time communication will be sent to right address ( but can you believe?)

I dont get what is up with them and why they are taking so long. I have plans to fly US this summer and i was counting on this. is anyone facing unnecessary delays who applied same time? I saw some post who received in 14-21 days , applied same time or little after.
Yeah don't plan on anything yet. The trend seems to be that you either get approved within a month, or have to wait 5 or 6 months. I myself applied on 16th Feb.

nfornv
Newly Registered
India

Post by nfornv » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 am

same here, applied on 19/2/15 .. still waiting... :roll:

Fabs
Newly Registered

Post by Fabs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:45 am

I applied on 18/02/15 .. still waiting... :oops:

Knowledge_is_Power

Post by Knowledge_is_Power » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:58 am

Applied on 14th of Feb. I think checks have been conducted and our applications are in a queue, to be assigned to caseworkers.

captainus83
Newly Registered

Post by captainus83 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:35 pm

I still dont get what is wrong with these people. how come someone who has same profile gets result in 14days and someone just waits and hope for their mercy? I also emailed this to further enquiry email id so i have written evidence that they have right address of me. 10 days later (on 21st APR) i received email saying that my application is in process and they have the right address.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

captainus83
Newly Registered

Post by captainus83 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:36 pm

mavdi wrote:
captainus83 wrote:Waiting Since 20th Feb 2015 -

Date Approval Letter -
Date Ceremony -

Yeah don't plan on anything yet. The trend seems to be that you either get approved within a month, or have to wait 5 or 6 months. I myself applied on 16th Feb.

it will be for work so i guess i can travel on USA visa?

mavdi

Post by mavdi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 pm

You'd need some form of business visa. you'd have to ask the company you work for, or it it's your own business, you need to dig it yourself.

Sadly HO assumes everyone is a carwash employee, there is no contingency for people that actually need to travel for work and will lose income as a result.

captainus83
Newly Registered

Post by captainus83 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Yes you are right they treat us just like that.

yes i am aware of the business visa process and company will happily do it for me. since my family wants to visit USA with me, I will have to apply my wife's tourist visa or something. my son holds a british passport.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:07 am

sps wrote:Eligibility Criteria : 5 Years EEA & 1 year pr
Language Criteria : B1 cefr & Life in UK
Date of Application : 10/02/2015 through NCS
Date UKVI received application 11/02/15
Date of fees deducted : 17/02/15
Date of Acknowledgement : 21/02/15 dared 16/02/15
Date of Approval : Waiting :(
Date of Ceremony : I think have to wait long

My friend who has applied via post & had the same criteria as me applied on 16/02/15 received his acknowledgement on 21/02/15, received approval on 04/03/15 dated 27/02/15. He has already got his British passport. whereas I am still waiting and few other unlucky ones . I am tired of waiting . Anymore February applicants still waiting ?

:) you have exactly same time line as mine.

just curious, which NCS Office did you use ?

I think we have wasted extra money going through NCS, should have done Postal same as your Friend. Postal Applications seem to get dealt quicker.

MrBrilliant
BANNED

Post by MrBrilliant » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm

AaLipak wrote: :) you have exactly same time line as mine.

I think we have wasted extra money going through NCS, should have done Postal same as your Friend. Postal Applications seem to get dealt quicker.
I'm not sure, I did a postal application received 27 Feb and I'm still waiting.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:08 pm

UPDATE !

Police just visited me and asked me for my details and ID Card from Back home. I gave them my passport and they took every single dot out of it!

They had to fill International Criminal Conviction Exchange form which was full of entries including my parents names and their place/ date of birth etc. They said ( I am not sure if that's the case ) all this info will be sent to HO and will be shared with other Agencies ( including EU & Non EU ) but I have never been convicted do I don't need to worry at all. Then why need the form ? Strange!
[ just to clarify I am fully vetted cos of nature of my job ]

I even asked if this info was requested by HO ? but answer was NO.

Any ideas ?

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:27 pm

MrBrilliant wrote:
AaLipak wrote: :) you have exactly same time line as mine.

I'm not sure, I did a postal application received 27 Feb and I'm still waiting.

:) Mr Brilliant !

that Question was for SpS.

you just proved yourself Mr. Brilliant :D

anyways , thanks for letting us know.