ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Application for Naturalisation, is it required?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Application for Naturalisation, is it required?

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 am

Dear experts,

Firstly, I would you to thank everyone on this forum who are doing a splendid job in helping others.

I am planning to apply for Naturalisation process before 06 Apr 2015 as I understand the fee will be revised this day.

I and my spouse received ILR status in Sept 2013, hence we satisfy all the criteria for the Naturalisation process.

My question is it necessary to apply for me and my spouse together? Or is there any way around if I apply now and receive my British Passport and apply for my wife later on. Will she be able to apply under another category where we can avoid paying the £1000 Naturalisation fee? Just to let you know my 2 daughters are British Nationals.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Application for Naturalisation, is it required?

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:11 am

She can apply whenever she wants if she meets the requirements. There is no law that says you have to apply at the same time and there is not discount anymore for joint applications.
Will she be able to apply under another category where we can avoid paying the £1000 Naturalisation fee?
There is no way of avoiding the fee in any category. Whichever category she applies under (5 years residence or 3 years residence as Spouse of BC), she has to pay the fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leicester_boy
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Application for Naturalisation, is it required?

Post by leicester_boy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards