ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deepblue
Newly Registered

Good character requirement query

Post by deepblue » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:10 pm

Confused due to new good character rules - help please!!

My wife is applying for BC on 3 year route (married to British citizen). She received 1 speeding Notice of Intended Prosecution in April 2014 last year followed by offer to take a speed awareness course in lieu of penalty and points. She has no points on her license nor did she pay penalty. She only paid the course fees and attended the speed awareness course. This was within last 12 months. We are confused about how to declare this. Talking to NCS where she will apply, they said no need to declare as no points received.

Please suggest what we should do here on FORM AN

Should she tick YES to Question 3.6 Have you been convicted of any criminal offence in UK or any country?
or Should she tick YES to Question 3.8 Do you have any civil judgments against you or any civil penalty under the UK immigration acts?
or Should she tick NO to 3.6 and 3.8 and give details in page-15 Section titled 'Further Information not covered in other sections'

Any help greatly appreciated!

T51820

Re: Good character requirement query

Post by T51820 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 pm

It does not need to be declared. The speed awareness test is done INSTEAD of receiving points or penalties. I did a speed awareness (32 in a 30 zone) in 2013.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q584.htm

See also:
If I attend a course, will I still get penalty points on my licence?

No, Once you have successfully completed the course, no further action will be taken and you will have no record of this on your licence.
http://www.driver-improvement.co.uk/ind ... /nsac-faqs
Naturalisation:
Date of receipt by UKBA: March 5, 2015
Approval: March 17, 2015 (received 23/3/15)
Group Ceremony: March 25, 2015
----
Passport Application: March 25, 2015
Passport Appointment: April 2, 2015
Passport Receipt: April 8, 2015