ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form documents- Confusing Home office advise?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drdheer

MN1 Form documents- Confusing Home office advise?

Post by drdheer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Hello Folks,

I am applying for my UK born son's BC registration on MN1 form through post.

In order to confirm the documents I phoned Home office nationality enquiries line today and asked "If it is okay" to send my ILR original letter and BRP photocopy along with my son's passport, Birth certificate etc. But I was surprised to hear that he said "You need to send your ORIGINAL BRP card" . I said to him that I was pretty sure that only photocopy is required and various people had been successful in getting BC registration for their children. He was "confused" soul and said he would find out for me. After asking 3 times from his senior he confirmed that still ORIGINAL ILR BRP is required from parent; If not sent then case worker would ask for it!

Can somebody please shed light? as I do not want to send BRP because of my couple of job interviews coming up. Or Shall I use NCS?

Many Thanks

gbhsmp

Re: MN1 Form documents- Confusing Home office advise?

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:09 am

I recommend NCS if possible. NCS is very good and you do not need to send "any" oiginal document.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:27 am

u dont have to send originals dont worry .i myself send all the copies of my hubby document and got certificate without any issue .but make sure u send full passport copy means all the pages even if they are blank . if still case worker wants original he will write to you but they cant reject the case .its an entitlement so dont worry .
ss

drdheer

Post by drdheer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Hello SS,

Thanks for your reply. I renewed my passport just before ILR as previous one was getting expired soon. Do I need to send photocopy of expired passport pages as well?

Also, I got 2 references for my son, 1st is from professional Consultant pediatrician (Who is family friend) and 2nd is my british citizen colleague. Will this be ok? My 3yr old son's GP, Health visitor and teacher were reluctant to give any reference! (surprised me)

Can somebody please confirm if the above references will be sufficient for UK born child.

Many Thanks,
G