ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric registration for naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nm
Member of Standing

Biometric registration for naturalization

Post by nm » Sat May 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Dear All,

I am applying for naturalization to my wife through NCS and just want to know the Biometric registration for naturalization.

She have the BRP card issued while we got our ILR in August 2013. Do we still required to give the Biometric again as we planned to travel after applying for naturalization and she'll be coming after 3 months.

If we need to give the biometric again then we may need to plan our travel as she planned to travel in a week after applying to naturalization?

Could someone clarify this please ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Biometric registration for naturalization

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Do we still required to give the Biometric again
Yes, she will need to enroll biometric at the Post Office once she receives the letter from HO. Currently the biometric letters are taking roughly 1 month after application is received by HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Sat May 30, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi

Does she required to enroll immediately or can give the Biometric after two months of letter received as tentatively it will take 2 months to for her to return after the Biometric letter recived.(Looking at the current timelines)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:34 pm

The letter will give her 15 days to enroll her biometrics at the Post Office. If she doesnt, HO might write again and if she again fails, she risks having her application refused and will lose the fee.

I would suggest to either postpone her holiday or apply for her citizenship when she returns to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Sat May 30, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks very much for the quick update CR001. Really appreciated.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:52 pm

CR001, I had a biometric fingers prints 7 years ago in UK Visa centre overseas for the purpose of visit visa to enter UK. Shall I mention it in the AN form or I need a new one?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:00 pm

Manchester171 wrote:CR001, I had a biometric fingers prints 7 years ago in UK Visa centre overseas for the purpose of visit visa to enter UK. Shall I mention it in the AN form or I need a new one?
The form asks for it on page 26, point 6.12, so yes, you will need to provide the details in the form. Regardless of that though, since 6th April 2015, all applicants for citizenship will have to enroll biometrics again at the Post Office (with a small fee).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi

Are there any contact details available within the home office for me to check with them for delaying to give the biometric details after I receive the entrollment letter?